Wearing Kirpan in public..

S1ngh

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

It is strictly written in the taksali maryada that you cannot wear any sri sahib under 9 inches and it has to be in a gatra. Prefereably, you should wear a 3 and a half foot kirpan, but what you gonna do. I wear a 15 inch kirpan to school and no one says nothin, well oly once or twice, but still, its better than wearing those little kirpans that are like 3 inches. What the heck are you gonna do with that?

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

heh.. well in my college kirpan over 3 inches isnt allowed.. but ofcourse singhs wear it.. police doesnt know

but we should tell them about it and educate them!!

something we will surely do this year

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

lol a 3 inch kirpan......haha.......

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i will mention 3 of my favorites... (cant reveal everything :nihungsmile: )

I have my sarbloh taksali kirpan with 9" blade (which i wear all the time), i will be getting a much bigger one soon.

I have a nightstick or club which looks like a pepper spray bottle or flashlight, but extends out and you can beat people with it, like a portable baseball bat.

and i have a double edged straight dagger/hunting knife with razor teeth on it which goes on a shoulder strap similar to a gun holster (this is illegal because double edged knives create a wound which cant heal on its own)

also, carrying concealed weapons is illegal in the entire united states, and usually kirpan fits under this category. BUT police officers and law enforcement are very lenient with it as its religious and they dont want to be sued. I know this from experience. But I am pretty sure I will be arrested if I am caught wtih the double edged one, but i wear it anyway I dont really care. lol

Baba Jarnail Singh Jee once said "If someone (police, etc) stops you and asks you to remove your shastars (guns, knives whatever) just say 'I am just a poor sikh and do not know any better' if they ask you again, teach them a lesson"

.. I think thats how it went..

Guest balwinderkaur

can anyone tell me where can i get good-sized kirpaans?????? im in the asian region. thanks. cuz here the kirpaans sold are so tiny :) itz like we're better off not wearing one. tongue.gif