Wearing Kirpan in public..

S1ngh

Forget the airport, one time I had to go to the US immigration office (i'm a Canadian) and I couldn't get past that cheap detector. They made me take off my kara, simarna and said there is something else underneath your clothes, either you take it off or we take it off for you and keep it.

How annoying!! That was the only time though, so far much kirpa has been bestowed to keep me away from silly Security/cops lol rolleyes.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*cringe* although im upset when i cant wear my kirpan on planes...i totally agree with MKhalsa veerji, posting on a public forum about how to get past security detectors, isnt smart....plus sikhs are already thought of as evil and whatnot....and as a sidenote for the kirpan issue. this is really serious--a lady in cartaret nj drops her child off at school everyday, and she wears her kirpan, and now the school district has said "no firearms" within school property...so there telling her that she cant wear her kirpan, if so do it under her clothing, and currently have said that she cant come within 50 yards of school property!!!! :):( @ :@;) @ so anyways sikhs living in cartaret as well as other people as well as sikhcoalition (i think there on this...not too sure) are trying to fight the school and everything. but its crazy. my dad met with some of the people who were involved, and he said it was horrible, b/c now shes being degraded, and its so racist. plus think of her child, im gonna assume this is a elementary or a middle school child, (b/c usually parents dont drop off their ki

ds at high school)think of all that they have to go through, b/c kids in schools can be so harsh, and its sad that a mom cant drop her child off at school b/c of the religion she practices.... pray.gif

Are we talking about clearling the security system after 9/11 ???? If yeah then im stunned ohmy.gif

Oh yeah.. i wan big kirpan too .. (currently luking for a veryy veryy old one).. I hate wearing kirpan tucked inside the shirt and stuff :) i wanna wear it outside :( @

Majority of hate crimes/racial slurs etc effect sikh community most in US after 9/11... Reason? cauz our own people are DUMB ! most of em don't even know how the government system works here ohmy.gif .. I blame our community for everything bad hapened to us after 9/11 (except some few cases)...

Guest SikhForLife
a lady in cartaret nj drops her child off at school everyday, and she wears her kirpan, and now the school district has said "no firearms" within school property...so there telling her that she cant wear her kirpan, if so do it under her clothing, and currently have said that she cant come within 50 yards of school property!!!!

hey i am not too far from Cartaret, NJ (40 min drive).. could u send me some details on this case?

or post em here

sure mkhalsa veerji.. =)

sikhforlife: no major case updates yet, but like i said before, the lady isnt allowed to go onto school property now, unless she doesnt wear her kirpan. authorities are saying if she comes near the school grounds it needs to be under her clothes.

which makes no sense, b/c there main arguement is that its a hidden weapon, so putting it underneath clothes is just gonna hide it.

here is going to be another meeting with cartaret officials soon in the coming weeks, my dad and i as well as some people from Bridgewater Gw, Glenrock Gw (?! maybe?) and Cartaret will be attending. when i find out i'll let you know....