Harassed AT Trinidad AIRPORT

Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Veerji,

Thank You! for writing this letter. We should make it known that when one Sikh is harrassed, thousands are beside him or her watching and listening.

Have you contacted SMART/SALDEF or Sikh Coalition?

Where did you address your correspondence? To one office or more?

As a courtesy, I ask for your permission to phone/email/write to BWIA. I need not say where I heard about your story, I can simply say that I heard about your story in detail and am looking forward to hearing more from you how BWIA will address this situation and spend my money accordingly, and influence others to spend their money accordingly. If you give your go ahead and others are interested (please be interested!)..., the website for BWIA email/phone/mail contacts is

http://www.bwee.com/programs/flightmap.html

Again........we should make it known that when one Sikh is harrassed, thousands are beside him or her watching and listening.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so wanted to smack him but gurukirpa i kept my cool.....anyways is it written properly...i just wanted someone to check it out and make it better :wub: ........Mr Mehtab Singh...can u do the honors......

oh and on a lighter note.........u guys been posting stuff about me on t he other posts..... :@hit.gif ....im gonna deal with ya in a few days rolleyes.gif

Maybe you should have smacked yourself for not getting your passport picture changed.

It is advisable to get a picture changed if your have become a GurSikh.

It is plain stupidity to not do so and expect no problems when flying.

I saw a similar (opposite event) at IGIA Delhi several years ago where a Indian student flying from the US had cut his kesh and not changed his pic

ture. The immigration wale at Delhi would not let him leave the airport.

Maybe you should have smacked yourself for not getting your passport picture changed.
Why? Is it a crime?
It is plain stupidity to not do so and expect no problems when flying.
I flew from San Francisco to Denver to Oklahoma City without any problems. Then I flew from Oklahoma City to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to Dubai and had my same old cleanshaven picture. I didn't have a single bit of problem. If Trinidad airport authorities bugged Gurpreet Singh veer, then some part of it is their problem as well, not totally his fault.
I saw a similar (opposite event) at IGIA Delhi several years ago where a Indian student flying from the US had cut his kesh and not changed his picture. The immigration wale at Delhi would not let him leave the airport.
Yes I read about it at Sikhnet, and surprisingly it was a response to my question if I should get my picture changed. But as I just said, I had no problems. I think its just the

place where you are at. Sikhs have and will have problems at certain places no matter what! That doesn't mean we are the culprits.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guess what Mr Stopsingh.....u know what u should do...u should probably think before u write crap here....cuz i did contact my embassy before i travelled and I did get an ok from them to ahead and travel like that since i didn't have enough time and they did tell me that if i did have any problem make sure i have other Id's which I did have on me....sooo think before u speak the next time......

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

If Trinidad airport authorities bugged Gurpreet Singh veer, then some part of it is their problem as well, not totally his fault.

I don't mind being checked since i have been checked before....but theres a certain way someone can be checked.....what <Edited> me off was the way it was done...and the unnecessary impoliteness.......

Gurpreet Veerji,

Thank You! for writing this letter. We should make it known that when one Sikh is harrassed, thousands are beside him or her watching and listening.

Have you contacted SMART/SALDEF or Sikh Coalition?

Where did you address your correspondence? To one office or more?

As a courtesy, I ask for your permission to phone/email/write to BWIA. I need not say where I heard about your story, I can simply say that I heard about your story in detail and am looking forward to hearing more from you how BWIA will address this situation and spend my money accordingly, and influence others to spend their money accordingly. If you give your go ahead and others are interested (please be interested!)..., the website for BWIA email/phone/mail contacts is

http://www.bwee.com/programs/flightmap.html

Again........we should make it known that when one Sikh is harrassed, thousands are beside him or her watching and listening.

Sure Singh ji,

U can go ahead.....but whoever contacts the Bwee people, PLEASE BE DIPLOMATIC ...don't be impolite..... This is their email address

Customer-relations@bwee.com

oh and btw...please make sure you refer to me as Harish Lalwani...

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hey its 2 bad u went thru that, shows thers definate lack of education! about the letter - i kinda caught a typo...

where Mr. Chittar Impoliteness whereby u perhaps meant 2 write "Mr. Chittar's impoliteness" ??

last yr i flew 2 san fransisco and like i landed @ the airport & i had 2 go thru that immigration thingy cus im british, wel the guy was like u aint british, and he started on me, n i ws by myself, i had had a long flight, i had thrown up all the way there, i had been mistaken 4 an egyptian on the plane no.gif and this ws the last thing i needed!he thort i ws spanish, and he ws like i need more proof so i had 2 show him my drivers license and my credit cards and stuff & i had 2 xplain y i had come 2 the states and he even rang my family there 2 make sure!