Avtar Singh Khanda passed away.. Waheguru

Kau89r8

On 6/21/2023 at 5:46 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I hear you, but also, I think (how it looks to me anyway), that our people (and others) are potentially being manipulated through media misinformation of a strange type. 'Facts' are thrown about that simply some sort of sensationalist media tags (like the AN94 example), and lumpen sections of people seem prone to jump on this and be misled. That's why more than ever, a healthy dose of scepticism is in order.   

Just do your thing brother. Khalra gave a speech here in Toronto which was inspiring but we still have apnay yelling: "Khalistan". 

4 hours ago, realist17 said:

Just do your thing brother. Khalra gave a speech here in Toronto which was inspiring but we still have apnay yelling: "Khalistan". 

Funny you bring that up. I'd been thinking about Khalra recently, and the famous speech of his which I saw when I was uni a few decades ago. It was life changing for me. Made me active.   

I don't think many apnay took his message on board though?

16 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Funny you bring that up. I'd been thinking about Khalra recently, and the famous speech of his which I saw when I was uni a few decades ago. It was life changing for me. Made me active.   

I don't think many apnay took his message on board though?

You can't really blame them. I agree, we Sikhs deserve our own country but we have to work on ourselves individually. We have to aim for the status of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh but still keep our Guru in our minds. This is no easy task. 

23 hours ago, realist17 said:

You can't really blame them. I agree, we Sikhs deserve our own country but we have to work on ourselves individually. We have to aim for the status of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh but still keep our Guru in our minds. This is no easy task. 

I don't know. Look where we are now, more caste ridden than ever. Lots of one-up-manship being done on each other. Cohesion is low. 

More people would rather watch movies about flying juts or be into bhangra than develop themselves intellectually, or learn about their Sikhi heritage beyond surface level.  

I don't think countries are 'deserved' myself. They either get sort of given away because of some geo-political quirk (like ex-slave colonies for example), or are taken. 

People who want to establish a country who don't want to do the ground work of unifying the future citizens and moving towards the objective in a meaningful and constructive way aren't likely to be successful in my opinion.