Can marijuana fight cancer?

I go to India often...when in the pind the smell of 'weed' is everywhere when you travel between villages. It literally grows like a 'weed'...it is everywhere...

For me it shows how 'thick' cultural Punjabis are...they would spend their money on alcohol , vetinary drugs, hard drugs like heroin...while weed grows everywhere and it's free.

If weed grew everywhere in the UK do you reckon the locals would drink or do as much in the way of harder drugs? Definitely not 

12 hours ago, imhosingh said:

I go to India often...when in the pind the smell of 'weed' is everywhere when you travel between villages. It literally grows like a 'weed'...it is everywhere...

For me it shows how 'thick' cultural Punjabis are...they would spend their money on alcohol , vetinary drugs, hard drugs like heroin...while weed grows everywhere and it's free.

If weed grew everywhere in the UK do you reckon the locals would drink or do as much in the way of harder drugs? Definitely not 

Paet of the allure of drugs is that it is forbidden and exotic. Magic mushrooms grow in the UK yet very few locals eat them. 

2 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Paet of the allure of drugs is that it is forbidden and exotic. Magic mushrooms grow in the UK yet very few locals eat them. 

Good point. But that might be the situation in the cities? I don't know how the indigenous pendus of the UK treat these or if they use them more? I suspect they do.  I know when I have encountered some of these native pendu types, some of them have mentioned using these mushrooms like it was part of growing up where they lived. Also, city people have long been conditioned to be wary of picking mushrooms because so many are poisonous, and wouldn't be able to identify the 'magic ones' from those that would injure them, which would play a big part. 

Also, I think back home they don't take them 'recreationally' as an 'experience' like many middle class whites seem to do in the west, but rather to numb themselves from reality? I agree with imho though, if people back home insist on taking substances, they'd be  better off taking cannabis than a lot of the other harder stuff they take. 

Interestingly, a compound in these mushrooms (psilocybin ) is also being looked at for medicinal use in treating various psychological issues. Do a search, there is a lot out there:

Psilocybin, the psychedelic compound found in magic mushrooms, helps to “open up” depressed people’s brains, even weeks after use, a study has found.

These are the findings of a new analysis of brain scans from close to 60 people receiving treatment for depression, led by Imperial College London’s Centre for Psychedelic Research. The team behind the study believes it may have untangled how psilocybin exerts its therapeutic effects on the brain.

Psilocybin is one of a number of psychedelics being explored as a potential therapy for psychiatric disorders. Several studies have trialled a synthesised form of the drug to treat patients with depression and anxiety, with promising results. 

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/235514/magic-mushroom-compound-increases-brain-connectivity/