Sikhs 'distancing themselves' from Muslims after 9/11

Kau89r8

2 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

LOL i swear majority Sikhs stood with Muslims after 

Depends where you live. I didn't see that. But that being said, having grown up around racial violence, I wouldn't be particularly keen to see (for example) some hijaban women or a kid being abused or attacked in front in of me. 

2 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

LOL i swear majority Sikhs stood with Muslims after 

The problem is all Sikh organizations based in NY City, DC, or London which network with all the other organizations (such as the Muslims' CAIR, etc.). They start to think less that they are representatives of the Sikhs to the rest of the country than that they are representatives of the other whining groups (Muslims, gays, feminists) to the Sikhs.

They start to have more in common with those groups than with Sikhs.

And they forget why in the world they are a Sikh anyway.

Ahem, "Valerie" Kaur marrying a non-Sikh.

I mean, if there's nothing special about Sikhi that you would ensure that your children aren't Sikhs, then why can't all the other Sikhs become non-Sikhs and just solve the Sikh "problem" that way?

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I wouldn't be particularly keen to see (for example) some hijaban women or a kid being abused or attacked in front in of me. 

Yeah, sure, I can go with that. It's hard to see someone getting beat up right in front of you.

But that's not what we're talking about.

This about a Muslim applauding lapdop Sikhs for not saying "We're not Muslims".

Merely saying "Sikhs are not Muslims" does mean we're calling for Muslims to be beat up in the streets. It just means the Muslims have to make their own case and verbally defend their own actions or condemn those of the bombers in their ranks. We have no responsibility to talk about the "background causes" for 9/11 or whatever.

Given some of our history, I feel no desire to take the brunt of blowback for other people in their fights.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Yeah, sure, I can go with that. It's hard to see someone getting beat up right in front of you.

But that's not what we're talking about.

This about a Muslim applauding lapdop Sikhs for not saying "We're not Muslims".

Merely saying "Sikhs are not Muslims" does mean we're calling for Muslims to be beat up in the streets. It just means the Muslims have to make their own case and verbally defend their own actions or condemn those of the bombers in their ranks. We have no responsibility to talk about the "background causes" for 9/11 or whatever.

Given some of our history, I feel no desire to take the brunt of blowback for other people in their fights.

I might be wrong, but remembering back then, I think it was mainly US Sikhs doing that? Where I'm at, most sharp Sikhs were anticipating something big from that quarter, I think some of our guys infiltrated them and knew something big was coming.