BAHNGRA

bravekhalsa, we did'nt come on this earth 2 walk around stiff as boards, we came here 2 have fun ( definatly not as important as sikh) but we also came here 2 practise religion more so then fun, but fun is part of life, so i dont' understand how u can keep calling it an anti-sikh practice, i know sikhi is fun also, but there are different types of fun, and some may enjoy bhangra, it sure is'nt gonna make one start the life cycle over :umm:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bikramjeet singh ji,

In sikhi rules are the same for everyone regardless of anyone's spirtual stage. ok imagine this. Close your eyes and just try to imagine Guroo Gobind Singh Sahib infront of you. now do you think he'll be proud of sikhs going around doing bhangra? or would he be going this is not wat I taught my sikhs. He's going I never had any bhangra programs back in the days why is today's sikh using his own knowledge and thinking its ok to do so. There are no indications in the history anywhere of any of the Guroos encouraging any kind of dancing. We should follow our guru sahib's examples. we shouldn't say things like this are ok to do which are influenced by maya/mind/friends.

this is the note to whoever made that jersey shers website. take those pics down with the chand tora on their pugs. shame on you people to even think some think like that is just ok. you have crossed the line now. and you should better not wear them again while doing bhangra or anything else. And must apologize to the sangat everywhere online and wher you live. Or we are gona have to make this a panthic issue and go to akal takhat for it. and I m sure even nihang singhs will be with us on this matter.

Now that's a real insult

:umm:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Been reading all the post regarding this topic and i find it very :umm: what should i say...

FIrst of all they are some of you who says that while putting bhangra we can think of waheguru.. can i ask how could we with such loud noise and people jumping up and down around us? We even find it hard to concentrate to do simran while we are in gurdwara then how could someone do it during bhangra? The person should be a chardikala person :umm:

Secondly have anyone of us seen any sant mahapurush going and putting bhangra? Ive not.. maybe if any of you have seen it can enlighten moorakhs like us.

If we want fun we can have it in a better way.. such as having an informal gathering and doin open air kirtan... gatkha.. paintballing.. doing simran.. just sit and have discussion regarding sikhism.. why waste all da energy dancing away when that energy can be used for better things..

Remember we are not here for long. WE should make FULL use of this janam to get closer to waheguru. Ki peta when we will get another human form.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest SikhForLife

ok ok.. relax ppl

y are u judging them? yea they r doin bhangra.. so they must be bad!!

please gimme a break

theres no evil in doing bhangra on stage...

do they forget about God when dancing? maybe.. maybe not.. i cant read their minds..

but then again.. we OuRSELVES forget about God.. thousands of times a day... so we r just as bad..

note the bhangra team is all sardar guys.. ( no girls).. and all keshdari..

nic nic hsih clih sy roie ]

Those who dance and dance and laugh, shall weep on their ultimate departure.

auif n jwhI isD n hoih ]

They do not fly to the heavens, nor do they become Siddhas.

ncxu kudxu mn kw cwau ]

They dance and jump around on the urgings of their minds.

nwnk ijn@ min Bau iqn@w min Bwau ]2]

O Nanak, those whose minds are filled with the Fear of God, have the love of God in their minds as well. ||2||

Guest noonespecial

Why try to stop a person from doing bhangra? I think we often try to stop certain things we're doing in order to be percieved as more "chardeekala". Forget that! Do simran and seva and be in the company of uchee suchee sadhsangat and all the rest of the materialistic things in this world will no longer seem appealing.

It's like we say "From this day forth, I will no longer do ninda of anyone" only to start doing ninda the day after we said it!

Instead, do Naam simran and eventually doing ninda of others won't be an appealing thing.

our thinking cannot be changed by our mere will power, otherwise we'd all be sants!