BAHNGRA

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

you know..

at first you're like.. i listen to bhangra but also remember god....

yea you can do that.. for a lil while tho.. then you start getting into whateva music you listen to and get seperated from god...

and seriously if you can survive doing both at the sam time.. and giving more attention to waheguru ji.. i got loads of respect for you respect.gif .. 'cause i know i can get distracted very easily by sangat... :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

well MAYBE we CAN remember waheguru while doing bhangra?? i think it's possible

Yes, u can do it! Just look at the website SikhForLife mentioned! heh, there's this big Khanda on it.

I wonder what Khanda has to do with all this? Guru Sahib already said it is Manmat to do such things ANYWHERE. It's funny who we are asking if it is ok to do Bhangra by yourself in your own room. What difference does it really make?

Perhaps later on we might get asked if it is ok to take off your Kirpan when you are alone in your room. Or take of your Dastar? Why do we always forget:

"Sadaa Ang Sange" ?

Does YOUR Guru want to see you dance? If you had Guru Sahib's Parkash at your house and if you really felt like doing Bhangra would you EVER go in Guru Sahib's room and do Bhangra infront of Guru Sahib?

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I would just like to say one thing. If you want to enjoy yourself and lay off stress, listen to kitan. If you want your blood to get pumping and your andreline rushing, listen to tadi. If you want exersize, play gatka. Those who don't know how, run or wrestle. According to the gurbani, bhangra is not good because it is involed with bad things like the 5 evils. YOU will NOT remember tan tan akal purkh or beloved satguru je when involed in stuff like bhangra. Even if you don't know it, it will take you away from sikhi, slowly, but surley. Gurbani is clearly against bhangra, please read guru granth sahib je maharaj if you don' know where.

:nihungsmile: :e: ^_^ :g :g

bhull chukk maff.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest balwinderkaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Hmm very interesting topic once again. :umm: Well if you ask me, I would not advise anyone to engage in bhangra cuz the songs can get to you. And after that you're faced with a Kylie Minogue version of "Cant Get You(bhangra song) Outta My Head" (juz being humorous here tongue.gif ) When I attended my uncle's wedding dinner 2 years ago, I tried my best to knock all the songs outta my head but it SOMEHOW gets to you and before you know it you find yourself tapping your feet to the beat. The songs can also stick to your subconscious memory and for days you might just find yourself humming the song under your breath albeit unknowingly.And thats wrong cuz it affects your simran. Gurujee says "Nach nach hassai chalai say roay Udh na jaee sidh naa hoey. Nachan kuddan mann ka chaao Nanak jin man bhao tina mann bhau" I know there are times when you juz wanna be wild and go totally crazy and just de-stress. :umm: But there are other ways to de-stress. Try other means. Im not saying bhangra is bad.....but why do something which you know can affect your concentration on simran?? But ultimately its your personal choice. Its your life. We cant regulate it for you. If you feel

you can juggle both bhangra and naam bani abhyaas without coming to a crossroads,then good for you. :D It's all upto you.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

hmm... lot of chardi kala gursikhs veerjee and bhenjis have already given so well explaination for why bhangra doesn't suit gursikhs...

some gurbani tuks have also been given... i was in bhangra team in my college but yeah when i read and tried to understood gurbani i left it forever... when i goto family function or any other get together and there is a dance going on... all the known persons keep calling but now bhangra is a big NOOOOOOOOOOO.

**Poore taal jaane saalah, Hor nachna khushiah mann mah**

Gursikh know that the perfect beat is the praise of the LORD, rest all other dances gives temporary pleasures in mind. And we can't remember GOD while dancing and dancing on other beats creates veekaar... Well for a gursikh, his soul dance on beat of anhad naad... Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo...

If you know that simran is permanent pleasure and dancing is temporary pleasure, you won't go for dancing...

All this dancing and party is nothing but naatak(show) and guru sahib's HUKAM is

**Natak chetak karre kukaaja, prabh logan kau aave laaja**

All this is not for gursikhs and gursikhs shall be ashamed of doing natak cheetak...

Guru Sahib tell how a dance for gursikh shall be...

**Nirat kari eh mann nachaai, Gurparshaadi aap gavaayi**

I dance and make my mind dance on guru shabad and with HIS kirpa i eliminate my self-conceit

But our condition is like a big time manmukh... our mann controls us...

**Kabhu nirat kare bahu bhaant, kabhu soye rahe dinn r

aat, kabhu maha krodh bikraal... **

If we see this shabad... nirat(dancing) is specifically mentioned along with the other activities... so mebbe dancing is wrong... rest the sangat is much much more knowledgable, so i hope that sangat will forgive my mistakes while saying anything...

Bhul Chuk di Khima

Daas

P.S. If we want to do excercise, man gatka/martial arts is the best thing... you learn how to defend urself and protect other needy as well as you remain fit...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

**Poore taal jaane saalah, Hor nachna khushiah mann mah**

Gursikh know that the perfect beat is the praise of the LORD, rest all other dances gives temporary pleasures in mind. And we can't remember GOD while dancing and dancing on other beats creates veekaar... Well for a gursikh, his soul dance on beat of anhad naad... Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo Waheguroo...

If you know that simran is permanent pleasure and dancing is temporary pleasure, you won't go for dancing...

All this dancing and party is nothing but naatak(show) and guru sahib's HUKAM is

**Natak chetak karre kukaaja, prabh logan kau aave laaja**

All this is not for gursikhs and gursikhs shall be ashamed of doing natak cheetak...

Guru Sahib tell how a dance for gursikh shall be...

**Nirat kari eh mann nachaai, Gurparshaadi aap gavaayi**

I dance and make my mind dance on guru shabad and with HIS kirpa i eliminate my self-conceit

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

true ^_^^_^^_^ our mind is like a monkey it does what it sees BUT if gurujees shabad is there in our mind this monkey can become a gursikh ^_^

I got one thing to say to everyone. GO ahead and mix CULTURE WITH RELIGION. If you really wanted to make your guroo happy then you'd stop mixing the 2. Looks like bunch of you in here are part time religious.

I looked at that website and the picture posted in here. I personally want to go to east coast and beat the outta that guy(excuse my language) :umm: @ who <banned word filter activated> thought of putting the chand tora on their heads wen they have something to do with bhangra at the time!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS OUTRAGIOUS! YEH WEN IT COMES TO THIS I CAN BE TALIBANIST TOO!

Bikramjeet singh ji,

In sikhi rules are the same for everyone regardless of anyone's spirtual stage. ok imagine this. Close your eyes and just try to imagine Guroo Gobind Singh Sahib infront of you. now do you think he'll be proud of sikhs going around doing bhangra? or would he be going this is not wat I taught my sikhs. He's going I never had any bhangra programs back in the days why is today's sikh using his own knowledge and thinking its ok to do so. There are no indications in the history anywhere of any of the Guroos encouraging any kind of dancing. We should follow our guru sahib's examples. we shouldn't say things like this are ok to do which are influenced by maya/mind/friends.

this is the note to whoever made that jersey shers website. take those pics down with the chand tora on their pugs. shame on you people to even think some think like that is just ok. you have crossed the line now. and you should better not wear them again while doing bhangra or anything else. And must apologize to the sangat everywhere online and wher you live. Or we are gona have to make this a panthic issue and go to akal takhat for it. and I m sure even nihang singhs will be with us on this matter.