rappin/path

dalj

THATS WOT I THOUGHT AS WELL UNTILL I WENT ON SIKHNET.COM. i dont know if u would call it wrappin, but the

anand sahib, is kinda sang in a wrap tune, wit poundin tbeatis in the background. its not like their sayin the paat wrong or ought. i dint know if it was wrong or right, ne way i thought u might wanna check it out, heres the site,

http://www.spiritvoyage.com/shopping/detai...ail.cfm?PC=1191

if u look on the right, clik on anand sahib in rap, which is written on the track list.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea some definatley rap from the heart but it doesnt sound like it would really touch ur soul. rap is enjoyable because of the beat it's not usually touching. what's wrong with the way kirtan is sung? i think it's perfect as long as theirs an overhead showing the translations of the shabads as they sing. haha dalj it's kinda annoying how ur talking kinda black. but if that's the real u then thats fine B)

Sat Sri Akal:

Uh...we have "rappers"...they are called Dhadi Jathas...and they put the majority of rappers to shame. Want to hear Jaap Sahib "rapped"...ask a Dhadi Jatha to recite it...they will render it to bring out the warrior in anyone (hence their reason for existence...Guru Hargobind Sahib, I believe, instituted the Dhadi Jathas to recite Vaars, or poetic compositions, of their own to the Sikh Fauj to recount acts of bravery and fire up the troops).

Sorry, DMX, Snoop Kuth Kutha and others can't compare.