NEW GURDWARA GRAVESEND!

bhujangee

FATEH JI

Sadh Sangat ji it is a humble request from the gurdwara sevadars of gravesend Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara (uk)  please if any sangat is willing to donate to the new gurdwara sahib being built please would you get in contact with sevadars! please reply to make Guru jis house quickly there is alot of money needed so please reply! foe more info i will put you striaght through! many of you may have seen pictures of the beutifull gurdwara that is being made all facilities will be in there!

please reply then i will give you all details of whats on it ! if u can do it personally by giving msn address it will be dreat thankyou

fateh ji

:T:

As you are asking for donations publicly can you outline the following please:

1. How much is the Gurdwara expected to cost in total?

2. How much has been spent so far?

3. How long has the Gurdwara been in construction?

4. How complete is it so far?

5. What major building tasks still remain?

6. How much has been donated from the local sangat?

7. Of the amount that you still need what is the division as to how it will be used?

Please provide detailed information to the above so that people can clearly decide

how much (or if) they can afford to donate.

Thanks.

fateh ji

paji i will be outlining these facts in a little while as u may know balanceing education and sikhi is a hard job. but soon i will post up on there all ur questions will be awnswered i will get all the latest figures and pictures and u will be able to look at it all. thankyou to all pajis and penjis! yes the main thing is working as a team! any more ideas and things to say please keep posting i won't to keep this disscussion open please! i will have the latest posted up to awnswer your questions soon

thankyou

fateh ji

fateh ji

yes there is a great one being built it is costing millions it is in bulding stage should take two years but not to scale and there is one gurdwara in the town but it does not have enough facilites and space as the sikh of the town need it is costing in the region of millions!

Apologies if this first ever post offends.

But it seems to be an ever increasing trend to spend more and more and more money on gurdwara here in england. First there was one in my original home town of Leeds where the sevadars of the gurwara even started visiting the sangat's houses in groups of five to ask for money.

Then there were the 10s of millions spent on the southall gurdwara. Gravesend or certainly surrounding areas definitely have more than one gurdwara why not fill them rather than every next man getting up and building his own.

Surely spending this money on educating the world about sikhism would be a better investment. It may stop sikhs being thought of as muslims in america and only ever being thought of as partying alcoholics here in england.

Flashy gurdwara only move you away from the reason you are actually there. Do you want people to admire the great expensive building or do you want them to meditate on the name of god?

fateh ji

paji all ur views are respected and i share them too but there is only one gurdwara in the region it is gonna be sold after the building of this one. yes but now it is building we cannot stop it but there was tention when it started not to build it i was saying aswell not to build it but now it is being built we should look to the future of youth there!

fateh ji

fateh ji

paji all ur views are respected and i share them too but there is only one gurdwara in the region it is gonna be sold after the building of this one. yes but now it is building we cannot stop it but there was tention when it started not to build it i was saying aswell not to build it but now it is being built we should look to the future of youth there!

fateh ji

bhujangee,

As I 've said before , you can gather all the ideas you want and contact us if need be, but if the committee (125 member one ) are backward then you'll be lucky to get one through and obtain a tangible objective and expedite it. There is a buch of us in Gravesend who have all the ideas you would ever need and are keen to take forward youth initiatives.These kind of projects can only be taken forward as a team by (likeminded indiviuals ,youth ) to a successful outcome, otherwise if one is to go alone then one is just looking for personal gain (which is against sikhe principles).If that's the case I'll be the first to bid you the best of luck in your initiative.

fateh ji

all u pajis are true but what we can do is that slowly take little bits of the gurdwara over as we know the men in the committee are very old we need to know where and how we are going to get the simple thigns like projecters and stuff. but before all this we do need to tell and ask the committe if we can a few evenings or mornings where the sikh children can come in and tell us thier ideas!

fateh ji