WOW ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!?!?!

simmal tree

Pheena pahanji/pahaji/veerji

I commend you for such a composed and open minded response to my provocative post. In fact all those who differ on the issue, I agree with much of what you said and appreciate the way you said it. Pheena your suggestion of where your Khalistan begins is beautiful, (of course my opinion would emphasize “begins”).

A common theme seems to be we don’t need borders to have sovereignty or Khalistan. I respectfully suggest that we must get past the trappings of our minds. You are imprisoned by borders my friends and you are right you DO NOT need them. In that respect, Khalistan is getting rid of borders. In doing so, you must put a roof of dignity over your head and create a home with large welcome mats.

Not all borders protect, nurture and promote societies. The wrong border can limit or strip people of sovereignty. A jail incorporates the concept of a border. Life itself has many trappings of borders. A bordered nation can use its power to first brutalize, then insult, then ‘lovingly’ reprogram—to limit the sovereignty of a minority to a point where a once proud minority is conditioned to limit itself in its aspirations. Your people are a shadow of their formers selves born as slaves with ankle shackles. But they are told they have freedom because look how they can move their arms and have economic opportunity and be accepted equivalent to the extent they will disgrace their own history.

Borders can also be healthy. They demarcate healthy interdependent relationships. Families live in separate homes or ‘borders’ from one another to pursue their own interests, family culture, goals etc. A gurudwara has borders, there may be gates

, security, rules but those are healthy borders with the most beautiful welcome mat. Nations are no different, and can also be good neighbours that are interdependent but have their own border to sustain the unique values and purpose of the nation.

A person who is sovereign makes choices about borders within their mind as well as borders in the world around them. A person who is sovereign will recognize borders that imprison as well as liberate and will be inclined to think about this actively. Moreover, a sovereign person will think, struggle, and sacrifice for future generations. They will not simply accede to man-made, politically sustained oppressive lines in the sand by doing a cost-benefit analysis considering only their own microcosmic lifespan.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic