Kirpan***emergency

SarabLoh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wjkk Wjkf khalsa jio

i take it u r from USA, (im from uk,) but i do get emails from this group called SIKH COALITION, who keep the sangat in touch with cases they fought / win.

You could try contact them for help. in the meanwhile, i will try find links for you.

God bless khalsa ji, and good luck.

When i was at secondary school, for 3 years no1 saw ma siri sahib, but once after doin sports, it was accidently stickin out, and one of the teachers saw it and flipped at me, caleld me to one of the rooms, and within minutes all these teachers came in, and surrounded me, and they all took me into the head of years office, and they were like proper touchin it, etc.. then i told them wat it was, and that its part of ma body, which we should never lose contact with.

then anyways, cut the story short, i wore a smaller kirpan to school, after gettin advice of ma dad and friends from the gurdwara. since then i made sure i let know one see it.

At Secondary (High) School (Year 11 / Last year) I used to wear a Kirpan underneath my jumper.

People - teachers and students knew that I wore a Kirpan because I spoke in assemblies, Religious Studies Lessons, and helped with school trips to Gurdwaras. On these occasions I wore the Kirpan on top. Because they felt safe and it was an educational environment (which helps) so next they see me wearing kirpan, they are not frightened.

After taking Amrit and going to uni - i wear my Kirpan on top of my clothes (even at uni).

When walkin or goin in a shop for example - i wear a jacket on top... reason being that in small confined places like shops and stuff, where they r lookin out for people anyway who look suspicious - so seeing a Kirpan they will think its a weapon.

However where ever I know that there is an oppurtunity to explain the kirpan if someone possibly asks - then I don't wear jacket.

At uni - gore all accept it

At work - gore all accept

At halls of residence - gore all accept

I know that i am lucky - sometimes i think "gore are really understanding" and that some of our brothers and sisters are not as lucky to be living or working with such understanding people.

gud luck paaji with kirpan case.

remember Sikhs dont compromise with Rehat! One Sikh compromises then it affects everyone - a gora police officer at parliament causually/informally sed "why do wear a big kirpan (11 inch) - my friend is sikh and he wears a cute little kirpan which is so small that u can put on use it as a keyring."

Jus shows how one Sikhs compromise in Rehat means "if he can do it, why dont u do it " type of thing.

bhul chuk maaf