Kirpan***emergency

SarabLoh

Vahguru Ki Ka Khalsa Vahguru ji ki fateh

Sangat ji i need your help. i was sent home today from school for my kirpan. past so many years, no one has bothered me about it but today some one thought it would be funny to report me. all the administrators and school resource officer are fine with it, but by law had to send me home until they can get in conntact with their lawyer. I need the sangat to provide me with links and articals explainign the kirpan to the full. i also need articals about kirpan cases in the New York, supreme court and all of usa. Provide me with any thing you possibly can to help.

Amandeep Singh

Hartsdale, N.Y.

Vahguru Ki Ka Khalsa Vahguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

ye, my school dont allow me to wear a kirpan either, they say u can wear that necklace "kirpan" (which isnt a kirpan its kesri-shastar) and they have contacted other jathas and they said to my school its ok to wear the kesri shastar in place of your kirpan! white ppl are so ignorant it makes me reeeeeeeeeeelt angry.

advice from someone on IM:

" hm, you were sent home eh?...I'd say your best bet is to chill at home and wait for contact with Sikh Coalition or SMART....don't try to do anything yourself, and dont give any phone numbers of gurdwaras to your school...cuz some gurdwaras might say "Its ok, jus remove the kirpan"...and then ur screwed

just dont anythign on your own, you might mess urself

hang tight, ur only in high school, miss a couple of days, and get in touch with the coalition or SMART...people who've handled these cases like 100 times over

but just stay calm, I'm sure it will be settled...Sikh Coalition does this thing day in and day out....I would also call them as early as you can, best way of contact"

I once got in trouble for wearing Kirpan. I told them that without Kirpan I will not come to school. I came home and contacted some Gursikhs who helped me out. They told my school to either let me in or they will sue. So they let me in and I wore the same long Sarab Loh Kirpan. I used to have a thick book that included many Kirpan cases that Sikhs won. I will try to look for it and scan some pages. wait till sunday. you stay strong. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ahh i wanan thank everyone who has helped ...... we showed a power point presentation and gave them a few letters... also we showed them a very blunt kirpan and said how is this a safety issue... a compas and metal ruler in math class are much more dangerous... screw drivers saws and drills lieing around in work shops are much more dangerous... this isnt even a threat .... the whole administration is tryin to do somethin to help me out except my principle........ and i have been suspended for 5 days

the administrators said there goin to have this suspensioin waved and off my perment record........ goin to have a meeting with the superintendent and lets she wats sh esays ... other wise a law sute