Who's Your Role Model And Why?

Simran9

Who's your role model and why?

Who is it that inspires you?

and NO you may not say that Guru ji is your role model! Pick someone else :e:

My role model is my nana ji....ya'll already seen that/know it by now with crzy amount of hits on that ohmy.gif

Now its your turn....share your role model with us :umm:

sant baba nand singh je was too ill

i get mad inspired by them

there name was even mentiond in the saueleman ghost tape as being an avtaar of guru nanak dev je in SANT avttar, not guru avtaar

its also mentioned in the sau sakhis

but thos tape is pure proof

they were the perfect sikh

i LOVE them

sant ishar singh je ofnanaksar i also love

sant ishar singh je rara sahib

sant attar singh je mustana wale

SANT BABA HARNAM SINGH JE FOR SURE

SANT JARNAAAAAIL SINGH JE KHAAAALSA BHINDRAN WAAAALE

for sure, mad inspiration

all taksal mukhis, and baba thakur singh je

mad inspiration

i love all of them

soo many

bhai mani singh je, sahibzadaes, our histroy has sooo many

i cant pickl one

immpossible for me

When I was a child, in our front room we had a plaque which said "Vaheguru Satnaam" in rainbow colours - beside the plaque was a picture of a tower of man, tall, brave and strong. He held a huge blood stained sword in his hands and his eyes streamed conviction.

In contrast to the above, his face glowed with love and beauty - you could imagine his voice so soft and caring...

As child growing up (between the ages of about 4 and 10) I used to sit an stare at this picture for hours - any small problem and I would imagine this tower of bravery saving me from even the silliest of situations.

When I started Panjabi school, it was then I learnt that this man was in fact the great Baba Deep Singh Ji Shaheed, and many life times before, his bravery had in-fact saved me, and my family. And that the reason I was here today was due to the great Sacrifice this amazing man gave.

Baba Deep Singh Ji Shaheed is my role model.

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh.

Sikhi has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany role models, why are you making my life so difficult by asking me pick only one!!!! ohmy.gif lol. But that is indeed a wonderful question.

One, huh? I was going yo say 'Nanak' (that includes all our 10 Nanaks, and including Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is our final Nanak), but you ruled out the Guru because, like you said, it's obvious for every GurSikh to have his/her Guru as their role model.

Of all the names running through my mind at this time, it's got to be one whose image flashes before my eyes more than ever - Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale. He was the image of the ideal Sant-Sipahi of the Guru who lived in our lifetime. He was amazing and a Bhindranwale in me feels like breaking free . . . Through him, I saw glimpses of my Guru like I would imagine . . .

SantJi inspired so many Sikhs to come back to Sikhi and at the same time did not take insult to our faith and Gurus. He spoke out what he had to and sided only with the Guru Khalsa Panth. He's certainly my role model.

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

My role model has to be my gatka teacher Bhai Harjinder Singh, his gatka's jus amazin, bes gatka i'v seen in my life, aswel as his gatka, his Sikhi's amazin too. They have a Kirtan on Fridays, he hasn missed not even 1 program, no matter wt problem he has he stil attends kirtan. His kirtan's jus undescribable, he has truley amazin voice. :umm: respect him alot!!! Keep up da gud work paaj!! :TH: