Baba Virsa Singh

lakhvir

QMmy koie n swD ibn swD n id`sY jg ivc koAw]

Akaal Ji

This shabad tells us that there is NO sadh (saint)

Any comments??????????

86415[/snapback]

thhanmae koe n saadhh bin saadhh n dhsiai jag vich koaa

Yeah Bhai Gurdaas Ji .....

BTW for anyone that doesnt kno, manmat isnt something that is necessarily discussed in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, instead Guruji gives us a theme of what manmat is, and then we apply that to everyday life.

gur ke charan hirdai vasaae

Enshrine the Feet of the Guru within your heart;

dhukh dusman teree hathai balaae

your pains, enemies and bad luck shall be destroyed. ||2|| (Ang 190)

Now does this mean that I should Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj wanted Sikhs to physically put his feet within their heart?

Would this require surgery?

No! That would be silly! We all know that Guru Sahib is refering to enshrining the 'Shabad' within the heart.

This is one example of how we need to know Gurbaani grammar, Indian metaphors, similies and cultural understanding to know what Guru Sahib is exactly saying.

amrit bachan saadh kee baanee.

jo jo japai this kee gath hovai, har har naam nith rasan bakhaanee. (Ang 744)

Either "Saadh" refers to "Guru SahiB" or it refers to "Holy men".

However it is clear that Guru Sahib is writing about "The Guru's Baani" and not the Baani of worldly saints.

The biggest saint of saint is GURU NANAK SAHIB!!!

"Sant" or "Saadh" in Gurbaani refers to Guru Sahib, unless u think that our Guru is not the Saint of Saint, Holiest of Holy.

Lets refrain from going back into Bipran ki Reet which Guru Sahib saved his from. We don't need Saadhs and Sants as third party intermedaries. Guru Sahib has given us a direct communication to Waheguru through Gurbaani.

BTW for anyone that doesnt kno, manmat isnt something that is necessarily discussed in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, instead Guruji gives us a theme of what manmat is, and then we apply that to everyday life.

86551[/snapback]

what point are you tryin to make tableji?????????

varan bhai gurdas are given the title of KUNJI to dhan dhan siri guru granth sahib ji. i dont need to say anything more

and by your statement that dhan dhan guru granth sahib doesnot tell about manmat i belive in all my faith that it is not an attempt on your part to say that MY GURU is not Sarab Kala Viapak and doesnot answer everything. With all the humbleness I say that Dhan Dhan Guru Granth SAhib Ji is a living Guru and answers everything.

Some simple pangitaan about munmat

inMdk kw JUTw ibauhwru ]

mjnu JUTw cMfwl kw Pokt cwr sINgwr ]

mnmuK qy AB Bgiq n hovis haumY pcih idvwny ]

mnmuK gux qY bwhry ibnu nwvY mrdy JUir ]

mnmuKu moih ivAwipAw bYrwgu audwsI n hoie ]

mnmuK sbdu n jwxnI jwsin piq gvwie ]

mnmuK hir hir kir Qky mYlu n skI Doie ]

ibnu siqgur Byty kMcnu nw QIAY mnmuKu lohu bUfw byVI pwis ]

guVu imTw mwieAw psirAw mnmuKu lig mwKI pcY pcwie ]

AMdir kptu sdw duKu hY mnmuK iDAwnu n lwgY ]

nwmu n cyqih sbdu n vIcwrih iehu mnmuK kw bIcwr ]

mnmuK iqRsnw Bir rhy min Awsw dh ids bhu lwKu ]

mnmuK kau Awlsu Gxo PwQy EjwVI ]

mnmuKu lhir Gru qij ivgUcY Avrw ky Gr hyrY ]

mnmuK BY kI swr n jwxnI iqRsnw jlqy krih pukwr ]

mn AMqir haumY rogu hY BRim BUly mnmuK durjnw ]

These are not themes. These are characterstics of what manmat is and Guru Sahib has put it in Black and White.

If you still believe in your statement

BTW for anyone that doesnt kno, manmat isnt something that is necessarily discussed in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, ...........

86551[/snapback]

Then all I would say is may Guru Sahib bless you with wisdom.

singh ji katha vachaks have told me that in many instances in guru granth sahib ji sadh or sant does refer to guru ji or vaheguru, in other instances it refers to saints in the human sense.

Sher ji u say we need to understand gurbani etc understand the finer points, have you read all of guru granth sahib ji maharajh? had santhia of all of maharajh, bhai gurdas ji diya varaan etc? have you learnt studied katha of all of maharajh? I presume no, if you hve then i humbly apologise.

otherwise using your own argument, unless u have fully done the above how can you say that sadh or sant is only for guru ji?

what is the problem with a saint? are you all getting upset because of the word saint or are we just so insecure in ourselves that when we see a better gurmukh we feel the need to pull them down to our level?

every pooran khalsa is a sant, a real sant is a pooran khalsa! call him what you like, sant, saint, bhai sahib, baba whatever, we all know we mean the same thing. And again please stop trying to confuse people with what the actions of a real sant are! as repeated thousands of times, a real sant or gursikh does not pull u to themselves, they PUSH u towards the guru.

if it were so easy to get to guru sahib my dear friend then we would have no need of katha, or ragi,s or any such people! unfortunetly i am very stupid and dim and cannot grasp gurbani and need gurmukhs to help me understand, i cannot singh so i need gurmukhs to sing the shabds for me to hear, i canot read, so i need those to read for me! dhan vaheguru that he has introduced me to such people that i can find the immortal!!

QMmy koie n swD ibn swD n id`sY jg ivc koAw]

86551[/snapback]

varan bhai gurdas are given the title of KUNJI to dhan dhan siri guru granth sahib ji. i dont need to say anything more

• 10 years later...

As Sikhs we consider any one (including so called "Sants", Saadh & Babe) as fellow Gursikh brother.

Anyone who treats someone differently to how they would treat a gursikh brother (i.e. washing a Baba's feet, doing matha tekhna to him or reverring a Baba's photo etc) is treading on Manmat grounds (contrary to the Guru's teachings).

he is not a gursikh in any way shape or form ... he preachs a milgoba of different faiths since he feels he knows better Guru Nanak Dev ji

he was guru to Harbhajan of Sikh Drama fame until they had a faling out as Yogi ji wanted to be his next -in -line but Virsa disagreed with the mixing of Tantric yoga into the whole shebang. So Harbhajan took his group of gorey students back to the US and started his own personality cult.