Nama Singh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha tru dat...

or jes get the good ol mommy to wash it for u :umm:

86697[/snapback]

oye shhhh .... dont let the secret out ..... only me and you know best way to wash your hair is getting your mommy to do it for you ..... :e:

rolleyes.gif

86700[/snapback]

hehe

im glad im not alone! (joke tongue.gif )

but yeh neway... i think ure all avoiding my main question... WUD IT BE ANTI-REHAT TO GO GET URE HAIR WASHED IN A SALON?!

get your hair washed from your mom, I might have to rethink that over if I need someone to wash my hair. My mom use to put me under the nalka while washing my hair in India and I couldnt breath , I would start screaming so loud, the whole gavaand would be at our house LOL.gif

but the salon thing i don't know, depends on how you feel about gettin your hair washed by someone else. :e:

Waheguru jee ka khalsa Waheguru jee ki fateh!

it's not anti-rehit.. i mnea, all it takes is some explanations... i've been considering it a lot lately, cuz i can have some really meaaannn sikri! hahah

so i figure, get it done REALLY REALLY well once, and then maintain until it gets bad again... as long as i lay down the law that no hair is to be cut or removed by force, and that my kanga must maintain some sort of contact with my kesh at all times, i know it'll be okay...

People have given their feedback but you insist on knowing if it is anti-rehat. Asking if it is anti-rehat, you have only asked the first question for a sikh. Yes sikhi is a principled faith, but not a dogmatic faith.

After asking the first question, you should contemplate another thought... Considering all the circumstances and the meaning of the gift of sikhi, is this practice something that i as a sikh should avoid?

The answer can be different depending on the specific circumstances.

Rehat does not suggest that everything that is not explicitly anti-rehat is permissible. Khalsa is a magnificent work of art, not a robot.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't know if this has any relevance here but I heard that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji's mata Ji was desperate to see Guru Sahib Ji's kesh so Guru Sahib Ji said that if mata Ji wanted to see it then she would have to see it when Guru Sahib Ji prayed at one or something in the morning. So mata Ji did just that.

I know the story doesn't directly rrelate to the question but it makes me think kesh is sooo precious that we should not go around getting it washed by some next person and letting them touch it. Without sounding rude to anyone, do u really want those hands on ur precious invaluable hair if they go around cutting other ppls hair, smoking and drinking.

pray.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh