This Bugs Me A Lot

S1ngh

Okay.. this is very hard for me to explain.. but i will try.. this is general topic to all members... Reading this topic Hair color etc.. made me to open this thread.

There are something that many ppls would like to do but they can't do it because they think that "It might not be allowed in sikhi." Now, your mind says it 100% fine to do and you don't feel uncomfortable doing it but than you hear from someone that it's not fine and its not okay to do it according to sikhe etc.. That peson is certainly in tough spot !

Now i would say.. these days lots of youths do stuff because they hear/read that its not okay in sikhi rather than their mind speaks for them. Following stuff but still deep in mind it clashes with your soul, do you think its worth it? I am talking about small issues not issues like "Meat/Hair etc.." Issues can be anything like Hair salon etc.... What i think is that if you are doing good in sikhi like really amritvela/non-nida person (really following sikhi), then DEFINATELY YOUR mind will say.."Hey this is not what we supposed to do" That's what i call is true person.

I know there's a point "Maan jeetay, jaag jeet" Conquer your mind, you will conquer the world, but still If we do stuff with soul then it's more raas, means you actually 100% agree in terms with your soul that this is wrong or right. But if you do something which your soul thinks.. ummm or uhhhh then i guess that means one is living in false/contradiction world of their own which i really hate..

just my views.. :umm:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

That topic was started by me, and I didn't start the topic because I want to know if it's allowed or not in Sikhi to colour your hair.

I asked about the sangat's opinion.

Personally I follow Sikhi as much as I can, and I do also follow what I think is right.

Regarding hair salon I don't think there is anything wrong with a person in a salon to wash your hair, as long as you don't cut your hair. But that's my opinion, alot of people might disagree with me........

And yes I do agree with you, follow what YOU think is right and don't let other people's opinions take you away from Sikhi.

But sometimes it is hard to be alone on your journey towards Waheguru, that one needs advice from other people.

My views...

Bhul chuk maff karni!

-Gurjeet

i guess what you are trying to say is follow your souls advise instead of a crowd. if so, the i say that is an excellent advice.

I don't think he's trying to say follow your soul's advice. Doing amritvela/controlling your vikaars is following the command of Satguru and not the soul. The soul is misleading, it needs direction from a realized soul (satguru) and being in the company of an enlightened group of people (satsang).

I guess to sum of S1ngh's POV, if you know the basic principles of Sikhi, of controlling your mind, controlling the 5 vikaars, and instilling naam within you, then you wouldn't raise such questions like "Should you color your hair?" or "Should I goto a salon to get my hair washed?" (No offence to those who started the topics, just using as examples)

It also brings down the quality of the forum and no-one likes to answer stupid questions (sorry if I'm being harsh), if you have a basic understanding of the principles listed above you would deem it unnecessary to fall prey to your mind's thoughts and do those things.

Lolz.. Correction, my post is NOT about should you colour your hair or not. I asked the sangat what their opinion is about colouring your hair, I did not ask what Sikhi says about colouring your hair.

"It also brings down the quality of the forum and no-one likes to answer stupid questions"

Hmm well you know daljeet everyone aren't the same (Thank God) I don't think I asked a stupid question. After all this is a Sikh forum, and for what I know you may ask the questions you want. There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers!

-Gurjeet

Lolz.. Correction, my post is NOT about should you colour your hair or not. I asked the sangat what their opinion is about colouring your hair, I did not ask what Sikhi says about colouring your hair.

87047[/snapback]

WJKK WJKF

Well bhenji, seeing as nearly everyone here is a sikh.....you are asking what sikhi says abt it.... (as it wud be crazy to say 'I think its allowed' when u call urself a sikh and u know sikhi doesnt allow it) blush.gif ....as everything we do and think is based around sikhi....our way of life :umm:

Thats what i think anyway blush.gif

WJKK WJKF

Gurjeet phaenjee.. im sorry that i mentioned ur post.. but i acutally didn't post this thread just for that post.. Sorry about that.. This topic has nothing to do with only with that thread jeeoo.. it can be any thread like singh salon and so on.. :umm: this is general topic covers all threads.. Anyway.. Thanks for replies..

I actually likes all types of posts to see how my other bros/sis think on that. Kinda good to know !

Keep on rocking :cool:

deal khalsa...

i feel i have to correct you on a point...

our souls ARE perfect...it's the fact that we have this thick cloud of ego, anger, lust, greed, attachment around the soul that blocks our access to it....

anything the souls says to do is right...cuz it's the only part that's totally connected with waheguru at all times...

our mind on the other hand is not..

i feel i have to correct you on a point...

our souls ARE perfect...it's the fact that we have this thick cloud of ego, anger, lust, greed, attachment around the soul that blocks our access to it....

anything the souls says to do is right...cuz it's the only part that's totally connected with waheguru at all times...

our mind on the other hand is not..

The souls are not perfect. If one's soul has done alot of paap, murder, etc. their soul cannot be perfect with bad karma. Thats why we are in the cycle of reincarnation because of the bad karma, and our souls are not perfect, if they were we would be one with Akaal purkh.