This Bugs Me A Lot

S1ngh

Vicky veerji, no need to apologize. I am not insulted.

Just that I don't think daljeet is right when he said that no-one likes to answer stupid questions.

This is a Sikh forum, and from my understanding of what a forum is, it's a place where you can ask questions, share knowledge, talk about Sikhi events etc.....

By saying that one is not allowed to ask "stupid" questions, people who don't have much knowledge about Sikhi will get scared and/or confused.

I mean, I don't have much knowledge on Sikhism, just ask anyone who know me how many questions I ask LOL.gif (Yeah sorry about it guys, can't help myself)

I've probably asked so many stupid questions, but in the end I got more knowledge about my religion.

This is sikhsangat.com and not sikhsangatforintelligentsikhs.com (intelligent as in people who know much about Sikhi)

-Gurjeet

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

The 1st Q is r u a sikh or do u want to be a sikh, if u do, that means u will have to often go against wat ur mind tells u in order to achieve the main aim which is to be a sikh.

eg. I didn't used to think there was much big a deal with eating non-veg but I still left it cos IMO Sikhi requires one to not eat that.

Some may say we should follow wot our mind tells us but I think we all know that we sometimes ignore the voice deep down and follow the part that sounds good: ie.going clubbing is enjoyed so it must be good. But look deeper into ur mind and u may decide otherwise.

grin.gif

So then should we follow the sangat?

I dont think the sangat can always give one answer, look at this forum, we generally debate abt what is right and wrong so I think the best way to decide is to do ardas or read Guru Granth Sahib Ji for the answers.

no.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

The souls are not perfect. If one's soul has done alot of paap, murder, etc. their soul cannot be perfect with bad karma. Thats why we are in the cycle of reincarnation because of the bad karma, and our souls are not perfect, if they were we would be one with Akaal purkh.

I heard this in a few veechars that the soul was one with akaal purakh waheguroo...but then it found the company of the mind which lead it into the five evils...so in order to be one with wahegurooo again...we need to break of the chains that bind us to the mind....and rise above the five evils....and only by the grace of the true satguru ...the soul becomes perfect again......sounds easy but takes a lotta dedicated paath and simran...and guruji's grace

The souls are not perfect. If one's soul has done alot of paap, murder, etc. their soul cannot be perfect with bad karma. Thats why we are in the cycle of reincarnation because of the bad karma, and our souls are not perfect, if they were we would be one with Akaal purkh.

I heard this in a few veechars that the soul was one with akaal purakh waheguroo...but then it found the company of the mind which lead it into the five evils...so in order to be one with wahegurooo again...we need to break of the chains that bind us to the mind....and rise above the five evils....and only by the grace of the true satguru ...the soul becomes perfect again......sounds easy but takes a lotta dedicated paath and simran...and guruji's grace

87138[/snapback]

soul is always the pure one...bt the mind controls it....problem is with the mind, not the soul....

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

soul is always the pure one...bt the mind controls it....problem is with the mind, not the soul....

So is it our 'mind' which carries the load of our past bad karma :umm:
This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Jap on Pannaa 4

BrIAY hQu pYru qnu dyh ]

bhareeai hathh pair than dhaeh ||

When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty,

pwxI DoqY auqrsu Kyh ]

paanee dhhothai outharas khaeh ||

water can wash away the dirt.

mUq plIqI kpVu hoie ]

mooth paleethee kaparr hoe ||

When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine,

dy swbUxu leIAY Ehu Doie ]

dhae saaboon leeai ouhu dhhoe ||

soap can wash them clean.

BrIAY miq pwpw kY sMig ]

bhareeai math paapaa kai sa(n)g ||

But when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin,

Ehu DopY nwvY kY rMig ]

ouhu dhhopai naavai kai ra(n)g ||

it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name.

puMnI pwpI AwKxu nwih ]

pu(n)nee paapee aakhan naahi ||

Virtue and vice do not come by mere words;

kir kir krxw iliK lY jwhu ]

kar kar karanaa likh lai jaahu ||

actions repeated, over and over again, are engraved on the soul.

Awpy bIij Awpy hI Kwhu ]

aapae beej aapae hee khaahu ||

You shall harvest what you plant.

nwnk hukmI Awvhu jwhu ]20]

naanak hukamee aavahu jaahu ||20||

O Nanak, by the Hukam of God's Command, we come and go in reincarnation. ||20||

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Guest Akaal108

Soul is ang of Vahiguroo.. how can soul be impure??

There are three layers of body-

Ashtohol sirar (body) , Mann (matt, chit, budh) (Mann is the biggest problem/ kalesh khanna of all..mann creates thoughts and trigger them in action)..also mann is main cause that decides our future karma will be in reincarnations so on and so forth and then you got third "Surat" - Surat is "Sat" (Nirankar),

"Chit" (state when surat resides in bhram(vahiguroo) and "Anand/Parmanand" (highest state of Surat).

Surat is Atma (purest of pure)

i guess what you are trying to say is follow your souls advise instead of a crowd. if so, the i say that is an excellent advice.

I don't think he's trying to say follow your soul's advice. Doing amritvela/controlling your vikaars is following the command of Satguru and not the soul. The soul is misleading, it needs direction from a realized soul (satguru) and being in the company of an enlightened group of people (satsang).

I guess to sum of S1ngh's POV, if you know the basic principles of Sikhi, of controlling your mind, controlling the 5 vikaars, and instilling naam within you, then you wouldn't raise such questions like "Should you color your hair?" or "Should I goto a salon to get my hair washed?" (No offence to those who started the topics, just using as examples)

If your soul or your inner voice still does not sound you in the morning to awaken and do amrit-vela then you are still acting upon an order. If i wake up at Amritvela because i am 'told' to do so, then in the beginnng it is ok, because we need to be led in a direction. But if after 30-40 years we are still doing it because we are 'told' to do so then we have still not understood the purpose. The purpose which was suppose to lead us within and maybe we will awaken one day because we 'want' to do it and this 'want' comes from within like a hukam from not from the outside. The hukam from outside has penetrated our inner being. We awaken because we feel the 'want' to awaken. I belive there should be a transistion from being 'told' to do wake up at Amritvela and then 'wanting' to awaken.

Soul is not misleading piyario it is eternally god-like. It is the mind(slave) that is misleading the soul(you, master). The soul is ever-pure, ever-blissfull. It is the mind that needs the cleansing.