Sant Bhindranwale

waheguru ji ka khalsa

whaeguru ji ki fateh

I have read a little about sant bhindranwale, I've read mark tully/satish jacob's "Amritsar - Mrs Gandhi's last battle" and "the punjab story",

I see that either authors don't appreciate santji,

and after listening to his interviews posted at santsoldiers.net i get a better look at both sides of the coin,

but i want to know what all people out here think of him, do u think he is justified in his actions,

for example he mentions the hijacking undertaken by bhai gajinder and his companions, such an action .... hijacking a plance full of innocent ppl, is not justified and is something the guru's never taught us. we all know under what guide lines guru gobind singh ji sent baba banda bahadur to punjab as an army chief.(if not then you must read)

But santji became the defender of our faith at crucial time, a time at which hindu extremists made ridiculous remarks about the sikh religion, and in haryana riots had broken out and gurdwara's were looted and 2 copies of guru granth sahib were given into fires, this was in answer to the hijacked bus from which hindus were allegedly singled out and shot, no sikh would do such a thing.

but moving into the akal takhat was perhaps wrong,

using the golden temple as the center of politics for the akalis is not right

as per the account of amarjit kaur in the book 'the punjab story' santji was invited into the golden temple by SGPC president Tohra , he wanted to politically exploit him and use him against the akalis,

its very shameful that such a charismatic sant was put in such a place and brought into politics just coz some sikhs and some congress(I) leaders(giani zail singh) wanted to benefit from his follwership.

its not easy to carry out any revolution, even baba banda bahadur said to abdul amim khan"when tryants supress the ppl to limits god sends men like me.... and sometimes we over step the rules of justice.....for which we r punished here'

very rightly said, when a man of the level of dettachment of baba banda bahadur can over step justice, i do not know about sant jarnail singh ji

I want to know what others would say

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji really is that the GENRAL of the khalsa, it was completely justified him hoing into akal takht sahib. The only tru reason he went to akal takht sahib was that he knew indira kuthi was going to attack it it wasnt that indira kuthi attacked it cause of sant ji, she was going to attack it anyway

Thank you very much for replying to my question so promptly,

the book you mentioned

'the gallant defender' .....who's the author?

the interview of sant bhindranwale which i downloaded from sainsoldiers.net,

in that interview/speech he mentions a few hindu extremists who made comments such as one from hindu jai singh samiti which said all sikhs shld leave rajasthan before 5th december, and harbanslal khanna saying send sikhs to pakistan, and other statments like the entire sikh community will be wiped off,

and the shocking thing is that i never heard of any of this in any book i read,

IN "the punjab story" Tavleen singh has mentioned the haryana roits on the sikhs but no detail what-so-ever, which gave me the impression of santji being right that when a sikhs says something the media reacts, and when a hindu says something the media is not around

WJKK WJKF

mark tully/satish jacob's "Amritsar - Mrs Gandhi's last battle" and "the punjab story",

These two books are pathetic bro....they paint a very one sided story that many ppl including 'sikhs' believe :cool: !

The gallant defender is by AR Darshi...sections from this book can be seen in the website ShaheedKhalsa.com under the library section:) :umm:

:TH: ......for more info abt sant ji click here

WJKK WJKF

Vaheguru jee Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Jee Kee fateh

These two books are pathetic bro....they paint a very one sided story that many ppl including 'sikhs' believe mad.gif !

im not choosing sides, but if veerjee/pani did not read both sides of the story, meaning anti-Santi ji (those books) and pro-Sant ji (this site, saintsoliders.com,etc.) than how would one come to a conclusion?

referring to s1ngh's recent post regarding people not sure about what to follow....simply reading pro Sant Ji boooks and sources would not give someone the entire picture, and many people (incld. me) would remain 'neutral' or simply be confused grin.gif on the matter.

its good to look at all sides, consider the accuracy of information and bias etc., take opinons from sangat, and than formulate a belief in something that one has a strong conviction for.

Vaheguru jee Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Jee Kee fateh

Mark tully is not good person to get facts about 80's. He side Govt a lot and if im not mistaken his daughter is married to some indian officer or something back in delhi? (Of course that has nothing to do with 80's but it shows that how mr. tully is linked with govt officals.. no?)

Sat Sri Akal:

"for example he mentions the hijacking undertaken by bhai gajinder and his companions, such an action .... hijacking a plance full of innocent ppl, is not justified and is something the guru's never taught us."

I believe that Sant Ji in that speech contrasted that hijacking with another hijacking by Hindus. The Sikh hijackers were called terrorists and the Hindu hijackers were labeled heroes. He did not condone the actions in his speech, but offered a comparison.

"but moving into the akal takhat was perhaps wrong,"

I believe he resided in Guru Nanak Nivas, not the Akal Thakat.

"using the golden temple as the center of politics for the akalis is not right"

When the Sikhs care enough to throw them out and elect proper representation, it will happen. But until the Sikhs do not really care at the Panthic level with a unified voice, expect more of the same.

"its very shameful that such a charismatic sant was put in such a place and brought into politics just coz some sikhs and some congress(I) leaders(giani zail singh) wanted to benefit from his follwership."

Sant Ji was called Sant for a reason. A man of Rehat and Faith, he might have been simple in speech and conduct...but he was well aware of the evil designs of the others.

"very rightly said, when a man of the level of dettachment of baba banda bahadur can over step justice, i do not know about sant jarnail singh ji"

Read his speeches, read history from both sides, and you can form your answer. But understand that our minds can never understand fully what was going on in the mind of Sant Ji.

Well yes, you are right about the hijacking thing, santji is only bring it in contrast against the hijacking done in favor of indra gandhi

As per Tavleen singh in "The Punjab Story"

He lived in guru nanak niwas until the members of babbar khalsa came into his rooms and said those were their rooms, upon which santji and his armed followers moved into the akal takht, this was either early 1984 or late 1983

She has written of 6 members of babbar khalsa came into guru nanak niwas, and santji had 200 armed followers, but he didn't want any voilence within the darbar sahib complex so he moved out without making any trouble for babbar khalsa

And another thing

She says that when the army removed the rubble from the akal takht, they discovered a passage way made in the akal takht leading outside, which santji could have used to get away, but he didn't...

I don't wish to judge him

but if santji had been aware of the evil designs of the politicians, he would perhaps not have founded the dal khalsa for the election campaign