Why Guru Gobind Singh...?

nsinghjk

Did you had some kind of questions in your mind after reading the question about guru gobind singh?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you had some kind of questions in your mind after reading the question about guru gobind singh?

• YES
    • NO

First of All:-

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Guys, I was talking with a sikh who don't believe that much in sikhsim. We were discussing on sikhsim and he asked me lots of questions, that i didn't even had answers for those. I think you all can together help me out, or i gona loose in this discussion and If i loose he gona change his religion, If i won he gona become a Rehat Dhari Sikh, so please help me out questions are below:-

1.) How you call the first word of Guru Granth Sahib?

2.) What is Amrit?

3.) Why we have to become an AmritDhari Sikh?

4.) Who told us that we have to do Akhand Path in some amount of time, and who said it should be Akhand?

MAIN 1 :- 5.) Why Guru Gobind Singh Ji Had 3 wives and told us to only have 1 wife?

6.) Why we still find The God, while we are saying that he everywhere?

Please answer me.

The Rain of questions will continue as our discussion goes.

IN WAIT OF ANSWERS,

N.SINGH.J.K pray.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

1.) How you call the first word of Guru Granth Sahib?

Huh? Explain this question please. It does not seem to make sense.

2.) What is Amrit?

Book on the topic -->http://akj.org/skins/default/books.php?ch=1&bookid=2

3.) Why we have to become an AmritDhari Sikh?

Guru is a Sikh's teacher, therefore the Sikh should follow the Guru's teachings and example. Guru Gobind Rai himself took Amrit to become Guru Gobind Singh. The example was set and the Sikhs should follow it.

4.) Who told us that we have to do Akhand Path in some amount of time, and who said it should be Akhand?

There are general estimates of how long an Akhand Paath can take, but the Rehat Maryada is clear and states that if it takes longer, then fine. Nobody should be conducting Akhand Paaths to make the deadline. Akhand Paaths are a way of doing Paath, Akhand meaning without stopping. There are other Paaths as well, such as the Sehaj Paath, in which a Sikh will read from the Guru Granth Sahib daily.

5.) Why Guru Gobind Singh Ji Had 3 wives and told us to only have 1 wife?

That is an issue that is being debated. Some say 3, some 2 and some 1. Guru Sahib never held anything from his Sikhs and never made any statements that he only had one wife (if he did, the current debate would not be occuring).

6.) Why we still find The God, while we are saying that he everywhere?

Saying and accepting something are two separate things. A Sikh who has fully embodied the teachings of the Guru Granth Sahib will lose the self-ego and himself/herself become the Almighty as well as see the Almighty everywhere. It is the self-ego that puts the roadblack in the way, defining things as yours and mine. That is the purpose of Sikhism...to overcome the self and go beyond the concept of "me".

My father, Guru Gobind Singh Ji, had one wife, Mata Sundari Ji, my mother. The reason people assume Guru Ji had 3 wives is becuse of ignorant Punjabi writters. Before Guru ji married her she had a differnt name, then after marrige the name was changed once again, very common to do that in that time. Then her name was change the thrid time becuase she became a religious leader.

we don't eat meat because we only eat it for taste.. u can't say 'its for protein' because there are many other things that can be substituted... so never kill another animal/human for ur own pleasure.. in this case it would be to satisfy ur taste... another reason... u know how they say 'u are what u eat'... well tha's tru... if u eat a chicken... u'll eventually become a chicken in one of ur next lives... we shouldn't eat animals because we take in their past karam... all their wrong-doings... we take them in and they become apart of our karam....

plants.. they dno't have karam.. they reproduce asexually.. which is why it's okay to eat them...

sum1 please correct me if i'm wrong..

bhul chuk maaf...