~ Time To Re-evaluate The Real Meaning Of Shaheedi..!

N30S1NGH

Concept of Shaahedi  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is shaheed in your eyes?

• one who give up his/her life by defending the dharam passed way with no hatred towards others, used attributes of sant in sipahihood to defend the dharam
    • they can be also called shaheeds who give up his/her life by defending the dharam but passed way in hatred towards other religion, culture or people
    • they can be also called shaheeds who give up his/her life by defending the dharam even in cost of innocent civilians
    • they can be also called shaheeds who give up his/her life by defending the dharam driven by pure vengeance
    • they can be also called shaheeds who gave up his/her life by defending the dharam with attributes used ie-dhya but passed in ego

First of all , let me be clear this topic is "nowhere an personal attack to personal individuals/jatha who have fought during the times of 1980's". However this topic touches a very fine mindset of an true militant who have got complete understanding of "dharam yudh maryada" within sikhism and examples of shaheedi set by our beloved Guru Sahibs- Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji.

I think every sikh with bibek buddhi can somewhat agree that not all sikh militants back in the time of 1980-1995 were 100 percent genuine and they were some who were driven by vengeance not "justified force". This two different terms, vengeance is state of mind where a person who is soo driven by it, that will use any "unjustified force" to eliminate the target, even though that unjustified force will kill innocent civilians. Whereas true sikh of sri guru gobind singh ji, will use only "justified force" to eliminate the target that means abort the missions if its turning out that there are innocent civilians on the way of target. In real world, this is painful, talk to any militants around the world, amount of pressure they get and planning they have spent to eliminate the target is over-whelming, hence in their dictionary if target (ruthless opressors/killer) is eliminated even in the cost of collateral damage of one-two innocent civilians is acceptable, but remember we are not just any joe blow sormaie/soldiers , we are given an beautiful concept of saint and sipahi, we are given ideals of khalsa, shaheedi, maryada in the dharam yudh. In the dharam yudh, singh under no circumstances doesnt not target - innocent civilians. Regardless how much pressure, how much planning is done to kill targets, singh should instantly boycatt/cancel the mission to target (ruthless killers/oppressors) after knowning it will cost an live of an innocent.

Classical example of such sikhs who have gravely failed to be sikhs of sri guru nanak dev ji let alone- sant-sipahi, or shaheeds is an clip below, fwd to 3 minute- http://media.cbc.ca:8080/ramgen/cbc.ca/new...wski_030909b.rm

Quote " There will be sikhs around, thats a price of our revolution".

Now its sikhs in the interview shown in the clip, i dont care where they from, which group they belong, they have every terrorist intent around that time in their mind to target anyone , have no regards for life of an innocent individuals, as sikhs in that clip said- after all this is the price of our revolution.

not targetting the jatha/personality but targetting the mindset of such fanatics, question to sangat of sikh sangat, do they qualify to call themselves sant sipahi of sri guru gobind singh ji? if they were killed, do they qualify to be in realm of shaheedi which is very very pure concept laid down by examples of our guru's, sahibzadas, great warriors- baba deep singh ji, 40 mukhte, great mothers within khalsa panth. Do they qualify to have their names read next to great warriors like- baba deep singh??

Sikh need to be first sant (dya, dharam, sat, santokh, gyan) and then sipahi, its not other way around, only sipahihood in an person makes them demonic/tamoguni nothing else. You need santhood first and sipahi to anaylise each and every suitation in dharam yudh to questions- how much justified force need to be used? do assessment of dharam yudh, how is it impacting other innocent civilians life? how can one eliminate an target(ruthless killers/oppressors) soo pricesly that no innocent life is lost. And no these attributes of santhood first then sipahihood and questions and assesmment of dharam yudh is not only limited to only jathedar but each one of us who have desire to be shaheeds for the panth and Guru have this responsiblity.

Call this personal opnion since i dont have direct proof but fight for khalistan was failed because some in the movement

a) were just people, joe blow soramaie with terrorist intent use khalsa panth for their personal revenges ie- oh guy killed my family, i m going to kill his, all in the garb of kesh, dhara and all in garb of khalsa panth

b) gov't infiltration, nobody is ignoring that, however to use this govt inflitration on every stance is foolishness. to even be more foolish that to deny lack of acknowledgement that there is strategic failure.

c) lack of acknowledgement that there is such thing as "sikhs with terrorist intent, fanaticism within sikhs.

d) ignoring dharam yudh maryada the points are listed in sri dasam granth.

e) ignoring the concept of santhood (dya, dharam, sat, santokh, gyan) and then sipahi, its not other way around, only sipahihood in an person makes them demonic/tamoguni nothing else. You need santhood first and sipahi to anaylise each and every suitation in dharam yudh to questions- how much justified force need to be used? do assessment of dharam yudh, how is it impacting other innocent civilians life? how can one eliminate an target(ruthless killers/oppressors) soo pricesly that no innocent life is lost. And no these attributes of santhood first then sipahihood and questions and assesmment of dharam yudh is not only limited to only jathedar but each one of us who have desire to be shaheeds for the panth and Guru have this responsiblity.

Last but not least, yesterday i went to gurdwara, its my personal observation, but in the langar hall, all i can see pictures of "shaheeds" with no description of what they did, how genuine they were etc. This leads to great misconception if forgein reporter, media person walks in, he/she all they will see its guns, violence ruthless killers thats what they see , they need more information to change what they saw. This needs to be changed, description needs to be added, as for calling each and every sikh with gun in the langar hall - shaheed, i wouldnt go that far, i would hold my judgement until i study them, i think shaheed label itself just like- sant, bhramgyani, gyani, das is been over used and over abused.

Its about time we all re-evaulate our stance on concept of shaheedi laid by our beloved guru's via santhood-sipahihood, dharam yudh maryada lets not use pure term very freely,losely. Not saying to be hard core skeptic fanatic either but just have open mind, bring your own opnion after studying them.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

namstang bro, u talk to much man

dasam graht is just PARTLY written by dasmesh pita guru gobind singh ji

if ur mother was killed, ur father burnt alive, little brother killed n sister raped, wud u still talk of not targetting civilians????

no! krodh overtakes u

i know its bad but its not our fault

waheguru made us but also the 5 bads

and no one in this world can be freed from those 5 bads

if ur mother was killed, ur father burnt alive, little brother killed n sister raped, wud u still talk of not targetting civilians????

no! krodh overtakes u

your post proves my point that so called sormaie sikhs uses khalistan or panth resources for personal reason by hiding behind the kesh and dhara and emotional hate filled speeches against hindus.

no kidding krodh overtakes you, and krodh has no place in sikhi because ideals set by sri guru gobind singh ji are all obove 5 vices so it filters normal joe blow sorma who uses panth for personal satisfication/

at hard times we forget religion and turn to other things. people may do it in hate , ego etc... but we are human after all and humans will do such things thinknig it will make a difference

but a true shaheed is some 1 that does it without ego, hatred vengance etc... someone who lives by the very principles of the great gurus

A Sikhs can only die for the Truth.

Being a Sikh he/she isn't atheist.

If one is atheist, it is up to his/her followers or culture to define what a shaheed is to them.

Ja ko har rang lago is jug meh

So kaheeath hai soora..

Aathum jinhe sagal vas tan kai

Ja ka sathgur poora..

About family dishonor etc.

As Sikhs we should live in Chardhi Kalaa, not letting any of it get to our heads. I know it's terribly hard and you're going to tell me I wasn't there, so I don't know, which is true, but the same goes for talking about our Gurus and times of Mughal rule--None of us was there, yet we speak so highly of their Chardhi Kalaa, which has been diminished since the negative of effects of mass media and popular culture.

no! krodh overtakes u

GURU GURU ....IT SRI CHARITRO PAKHYAANAY TRIYA

CHARITRAY MANTREE BHOOP SAMABADAY

CHAR SO PANCH CHARITAR SAMAPAT

MAST SUBH MAST