Kara-Should we use it for other purposes?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

umm i dont know. ask guru shaib ji.

sorry...

but tell me if this is true

one of my uncle ji asked me., why do u wear kacharra(special kind of shorts)?

i gave the defination i knew(its part of 5 k's and its repersents purity etc hana ji)

u guys tell me is there some other meaning for us to wear this K?

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

humbly

gurki

sunny.....big fat karas were what they had in the old days.....just like nowadays you find these silly tiny little kirpans you couldnt do a thing with, karas have become so tiny (no offence to the kara) that they are looking like girly bracelets......in the gurus times they had massssive ones to block sword strikes....a kara is a war bangle, not some titchy skinny lil thing

urmmm meanings of kachere.....purity.....chastity......meant to be the "creator" of the kakkars (i red sumwhere that the kachere kes(ki) and kirpan are a parallel with the hindu gods in kachere as creator like brahma, kes(ki) the sustainer like vishnu and kirpan the destroyer like siva, whilst kara is the link between the earthly and spiritual and kangha is for clenliness of spirit and body).....reminds u of one of the bujjar kurehits.....adultery......also prevents u ever being nanga (unready for battle) and in practical use insulates the leg n region above that, and also allows mobility

sunny.....big fat karas were what they had in the old days.....just like nowadays you find these silly tiny little kirpans you couldnt do a thing with, karas have become so tiny (no offence to the kara) that they are looking like girly bracelets......in the gurus times they had massssive ones to block sword strikes....a kara is a war bangle, not some titchy skinny lil thing

Cool, I didn't know that. But today there are no swords flying around, so the kara itself as a war bangle is really pointless in this day of age...these "girly bracelets" are more suitable.