Greek gods

Singhstah

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grin.gif i dun think Gurbani mentions anything about greek gods, correct me if im wrong please  blush.gif

however!! Greek Mythology is a very interesting course to take  :TH:

93299[/snapback]

even though its fake im amazed how much the worship fakeness its mind blowing

jus WoOOOOoOOooOOoW

nuff luv

wjkk wjkf

actually in our greek mythology classes we were told that these gods actually did not exist, they were created so that there was a reason for the world.

For example, the greek god of the sun (dont remember his name) was created because they did not understand why the sun went across the sky, therefore there was a god who took the sun in his chariot from one side to the other and that was his job. It was easier for people to understand that a man or god took the sun across then to understand gravity and the solar system at the time.

Another reason was to have someone to blame if something went wrong. if the weather was not good, at that time they did not know why the weather changed, so it was easier for them to blame a god when he got sad or mad.... same thing for the seasons changing....

the greek gods weren't real... its mythology that was created to help people to understand the world a little easier.....

hope that helped ( and i hope its true :) )

bhul chuk maaf

Fateh

polytheism societies were in arabian culture too, be4 islam, every city had a pagant GOd that supposedly protected that city,

this period of "jalahilyha" (age of ignorance) was when each tribe warred with another....usually when u lose, ppl would think that the other tribes god is stronger, so they would start worshipping him or her......

now i know islam is a montheistic faith (good stuff) and mecca is its spiritual center. the weird thing is that, muhmmad (pbuh) the prophet was from mecca, where the 2 daughters of allah used to be worshipped...and he made that the centeral city of the faith......soo polytheism does have effects on monotheism

THANK GOD SIKHI MAKES SENSE

but we do acknowledge the existance of Raam, Indra,durga and crew dont we??