Tattoos?

it also says kes as a kakkar, so should we say ..END OF STORY...for that too?

95072[/snapback]

If you read bhai rama singh's autobiography, guru ji tells him that keski is the kakkar, so which means amritdhari brothers and sisters are required to have a keski. This confirmed my belief in keski as a kakkar.

If someone wants to debate this then please start a new thread!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing reli to debate about that

Kes/Keski does it really matter?

If you wear a keski are you going to cut ur hair wen ur amritdhari?

If you keep your hair are u going to leave it uncovered?

It doesn't matter which one people believe as the kakkar

both are dependent on the other, if u got one of em as an amritdhari then obviosuly u'll hav the other

bhul chuk maaf pray.gif

really? so is this the reason why Guru Nanak Dev Ji told the bhramins and the bhagats that they do not need to harm their bodies by pulling their hair or whatever else they did to get God....

well hmmm everything is justified ? so i guess if someone jumps off a bridge cus they want to meet guru ji, says his name and commits "Suicide" is justified? cus its in love towards him???? why would u want to harm the body he gave u??? i thought we were supposed to appreciate it  grin.gif

i've got a quick question regarding this post, cuz although i agree with the "no tatooes" thing, i want some clarification here.

Nihang Major Singh wears a 400 foot dumalla... Many people find this very commendable, and say that "he's wearing Guruji's Dastaar, so it's okay", yet the OBVIOUS point is that under all those weapons, all those shastars, and all that material....is his NECK

His neck could be having irreperable damage done to it... yet he's doing it in love.... Is he wrong?

Guest Akaal108

ok here is another scenario tongue.gif

Somebody tried to convert you at univ...you can't ignore them because they are stuck up...follow you around with sneaky tactics ..you get soo sick tired of it that you took your taksali sharp siri sahib out not to hurt person or anything but you take it out crave "Vahiguroo" on your hand in order to proof you are faithful to your dharam and to show love to your dharam and obviously that vahiguroo scar/tatooed stays with your body until you get cremated.

would that be still manmaat?

:e:

if i'm faithful to my dharam im sure guruji is the first person who would be the first to know that...if i reach that stageee of full faith in Guru Granth Sahib ji i wouldn't care what people think of me...sikhi is not about showing off...guruji is the only one i would want to impress....i feel we can do whatever we want..try to justify whats wrong and whats right in our minds but truly we not fooling anyone.....only ourselves..

waheguroooooo ji ka khalsa waheguroooo ji ki fateh

Guest Akaal108

Note: above scenario is no way to justify tatoo or anything but i m talking intentions here... "intentions" key word... above scenario is indeed be very hard circumstances.

you can either kick his butt or you do something to yourself to prove your point

or you can do neither go to principle get him expelled ..however this tactic will cause more problems ie- long hearing, face the consquences of his gang after univ (they can do the worse ie- chop your kesh , fingers etc)

you decide..each brain works differently... !

it's all intentions at the end of day.

- Majority of our old school folks use to have ikongkar tatoo on their hand...this can be confirmed even now from our old generation ie- father, grand father etc

- Having Ikongkar tatoo on body does not do any beadhi ...if having god's name is beadhi or anti panthik or manmaat(whatever you want to call it) on body then i m sorry to say but you guys don't appereciate human body ...if you don't apperciate god's creation human body ..how can you have naam in your mind and how can  you love your atma????

Last but not least- If you don't prefer ikongkar or mool mantar on your body then that's fine but atleast let others do if that what helps them in spiritual scale..people have taken dasam granth quotes out of context..no suprise...in no where in siri guroo granth sahib ji , dasam guru granth it discourages  ways to get naam imbueded in you...

this is simply one of them !!!!!!!!!!!!

as i said- whatever does not work for you ..may work for other person...

Live and let Live !!!!!!!!!!

94976[/snapback]

Point one, just cos a majority of people may have/do something that others don't does not make it right, it just means that we break down our barriers of acceptance, cos we're too damn lazy to actually question so many. Oh the world thinks so, so it must be right.

How does having BANI on your body not = beadbi? Like I said, you wouldn't hold a Gutka Saahib as a book, would you? You wouldn't carry it on your being through the murky streets and throughout your day, with jhootei hands etc? Why? IKOANKAR IS BANI! Having it tattoed on your hands, or any part of your body is an insult to my Lord. Why? Because His words that have come from Dur are SACRED.

Advising someone that a tattoo is manmat and wrong means we don't have appreciation for the Human body, for Gods creation?? Veer, if we don't have appreciation for the Guru's Shabad, the words that will make us merge into Him, what the hell are we going to do with appreciating His body? Is it going to go with us?

Appreciating His bani is the first stage to merge into him, then you will appreciate everything He has created, including His human body.

As I have said previously, if one feels they need to taint their skin to reach a spiritual path, they should question themselves... and do Ardaas to the Beloved - He and His Word are the only saviour - A tattoo may 'help' - but the sin one will committ everytime that words of Bani is disrespected through dirt of the day, that spiritual step will be worthless.

I have gone off long enough, I am a moorakh, I know nothing, the above is just ramblings of what little understanding and appreciation I have for My Lord and His Creation.

Forgive me for my many, many mistakes.