Amrit

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

Im not amritdhari yet but hope to be very soon and have started thinking about taking amrit alot recently.

I have a question for the sangat - how does one know when they are ready to take this gift of amrit from Guru Jee.

I would be grateful if the sangat could share their stories as to what inspired them to take amrit.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

It’s so good to know you wish to receive Amrit! :TH:

It’s the most amazing thing ever! :)

I guess you know when you are ready but is it about being ‘ready’ or is it about surrendering to Guru ji’s Hukam because you want to?

We cannot overlook how important it is to become initiated into the Khalsa Panth, I mean even Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaaj received Amrit from the Panj Piareh, how Great is Guru ji and how lowly are we, yet we still don’t appreciate this gift of Amrit given to us!!

Many people say all the time “oh I am not strong enough” but it’s not about being strong, it’s about having the will; if you have the will, the love, the longing, the wanting you will be granted the courage, the strength and the power to offer your head and to face up to the rest of the world as a Khalsa.

Also we do not know when we will leave this earth, the day we wake up from this dream, that we call life, is the day we die; would you rather not leave as a Khalsa, as a Guru ka Sikh and have Guru ji himself guide and help you??

We have nothing to lose by becoming Amritdhari but we have so so soooooooo much to gain!

It’s easy to receive Amrit, the hardest part is maintaining your Rehat and enhancing it; but again if you have the will, the love and the determination to do so with Guru ji’s kirpa you will be able to!

So my advice – do not delay!!

If I have said anything out of context then please, anjaan bachi samaj ke maph karna.

I guess the easy way would be to ask yourself:

"If Guru Gobind Singh Ji came through that door and asked for your head, right there on the spot, what would you do?"

The answer is give him the sword.

97630[/snapback]

:)

i dunno i wish i cna ansa dat but duno.... i mean i wana give my head but i dunno if i wil be lyk dat in real life :) hope guru ji gives me a test 2 prove 2 me if im ready 2 gve my head for Him. pray.gif

i was lucky in a way that i saw myself in amrit sanchar. Wen the rehat was being given i had a dream of this image, that image was then. That must have been my calling.

You know because you are hungry, you are thirsty, you can fill ur stomach on snacks and drinks but u still more hungry! you crave something so sweet nothing can fill it. Thats when you want amrit.

Ask yourself, are you ready to die? Are you scared to die? Me personally, id rather have this life taken and be with Guru Ji in Sach Khand. Only Guru Ji can bless me with that much and i can only hope i dont have another life on this planet. See what happens, but point being, you have to work for it! You will get tested so much to see if your ready and when you are, amrit sanchar will be there. If not, and you ready, let us know and we can arrange one!

Do lots of simran, feed your soul sikhi! Then go to Guru Ji and offer your head, if he wants it, he will take it. If your not ready, then he wont. But until you take the step to beg for death, you cant have it.