Need help-Amritvela

yeah Amritvela is difficult but just mentality wise you know how important it is hunna so try to maintain that thought

or practically you can help yourself by like placing your alarm clock at the other side of your room or outside your door so you have to physically get up to switch it off and then because you are out of bed you might as well stay out rather than just turn around and go back to sleep!

or try setting up an 'amritvela network' (lol) basically you and a few friends - even maybe just 1 - ring each other and make sure that each other is awake and offer each other encouragement - really does work!

good luck! :TH:

yeah Amritvela is difficult but just mentality wise you know how important it is hunna so try to maintain that thought

or practically you can help yourself by like placing your alarm clock at the other side of your room or outside your door so you have to physically get up to switch it off and then because you are out of bed you might as well stay out rather than just turn around and go back to sleep!

or try setting up an 'amritvela network' (lol) basically you and a few friends - even maybe just 1 - ring each other and make sure that each other is awake and offer each other encouragement - really does work!

good luck! :TH:

97213[/snapback]

best idea is the network one!!! I been finding it hard these past few days as i caught up sleep, messed up my body clock a treat!!! if i dnt sleep for a while its easy, then if catch up on sleep, messes everything up!! is that normal?

Bro jst keep workin at amrit vela and do ardaas. Set your clock earlier then normal, ie an hour before you want to get up and that usually works too, you get anoyed having to keep snoozing it so u eventually wake up and do paath.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The network idea is good. It may also help if you are able to meet at your local Gurdwara do your 5 banis for 4 am.

A trick that I sometimes use is to drink 2/3 glasses of water before I go to sleep. I can gaurantee you will need to get up an go to the loo during the night and if you are up @ 3 am or 4 am then you will feel guilty about going back to sleep so you end up getting ready for nit-nem. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't

Go to sleep at a decent hour and you'll have no problems getting up when your alarm goes off. If you are not getting enough sleep then you'll obviously not be able to get up when you would like to.

The 'network' idea also works well. 2 friends and I used to ring each other, and because you know you have to ring someone else you make more of an effort to get up.

Do Ardas to Maharaaj for kirpa so that you can wake up :-)

not a problem for me, I neva get up for amrit vela anooo it badddddddddd. But have a colddd showaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, or get up and comb your hair wiv a khanga

nuff luvv bro

97237[/snapback]

im also in the same position as you but i just try to work at it and make my goal

and just ask for maaff inardaas

not a problem for me, I neva get up for amrit vela anooo it badddddddddd. But have a colddd showaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, or get up and comb your hair wiv a khanga

nuff luvv bro

97237[/snapback]

Veerji try getting up @ 6:20 4 lyk 2 months den once u get used 2 dat go 4 6:00 n so on.... by then ull get to 4am n thingk WAHEGURU! FANX :) anyways

if i go 2 sleep @ 11 ish n wake up 6:30 is dat kinda lack of sleep?

plz help :TH: :e: