Chandi Charitra

`KuMi´

o yea chandi di // is used before a start of the battle cus it enhances your feeling and emotion u have at that moment in time - EVEMN IF IT ONE OF THE 5 VICES - buh da singhs used to fink of killin and blood and killin so they got more stronger feelins on this

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JSS

just from personal experience...

a couple of months ago..i started reading chandi di vaar... but have stopped since...here's why...

i truly believe it is gurbani written by dasam patshah..no doubt about that..

it is a bani that is meant to infuse the warrior spirit in you...that bir rus...that gave the singhs the extra courage needed in battle...

when i started reading this bani...i started noticing changes in my behaviour..i mean... i usually try to be polite (some on this board may disagree..hehe)..but when i disagree with people i'll let them know gently..but after reading this bani...i started becoming really blunt....like if i was thinking something...i'd just say it out...

and that got me thinking that the power that comes with reading chandi di vaar has to be used very responsibly...and that as a young singh, the 5 vices, kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar, are a constant battle with me...and since reading this bani has the power to infuse you with bir rus..i believe if you haven't controlled the 5 vices reasonably well..they could cause you to use this extra spirit in the wrong way...

so for this reason...i stopped reading chandi di vaar for now...i would like to concentrate on simran, seva, sangat...tackling these vices (which of course can only be done with gurparsad)..and then when i am able to handle the bir rus of chandi di vaar..i would love to read it...

i'm sure a lot of you are thinking..this singh is wacked...but this was my experience... i know other singhs who read chandi di // daily and don't do anything messed up...they are probably of much higher avasthas than me...

waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

can't you just do mool mantar repetitively when you are walking/working/writing.....etc...i reaed in Bhai Rama Singh Ji's book that there is a certain number of mool manthar paaths that u shud do each year...and tht a sehaj paath shud be done every year as well...

waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

just from personal experience...

a couple of months ago..i started reading chandi di vaar... but have stopped since...here's why...

i truly believe it is gurbani written by dasam patshah..no doubt about that..

it is a bani that is meant to infuse the warrior spirit in you...that bir rus...that gave the singhs the extra courage needed in battle...

when i started reading this bani...i started noticing changes in my behaviour..i mean... i usually try to be polite (some on this board may disagree..hehe)..but when i disagree with people i'll let them know gently..but after reading this bani...i started becoming really blunt....like if i was thinking something...i'd just say it out...

and that got me thinking that the power that comes with reading chandi di vaar has to be used very responsibly...and that as a young singh, the 5 vices, kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar, are a constant battle with me...and since reading this bani has the power to infuse you with bir rus..i believe if you haven't controlled the 5 vices reasonably well..they could cause you to use this extra spirit in the wrong way...

so for this reason...i stopped reading chandi di vaar for now...i would like to concentrate on simran, seva, sangat...tackling these vices (which of course can only be done with gurparsad)..and then when i am able to handle the bir rus of chandi di vaar..i would love to read it...

i'm sure a lot of you are thinking..this singh is wacked...but this was my experience... i know other singhs who read chandi di // daily and don't do anything messed up...they are probably of much higher avasthas than me...

97749[/snapback]

U got sumut against Chandi di // huh :)

i luv dis bani dunt disssss ok. im still a polite boy, i am well mannered ok i read this bani

how bout no, ido chaupie sahib di paath wer eva i go, even wen im duin my work

97819[/snapback]

no to doing mool mantar everywhere?

when even bhai rama said you should as it gives you so much more of a spiritual ability?

Isnt chaupi sahib for protection? (not just something you do 24/7)? sorry, this is just what i was told when i got into sikhi..