marrying sumone of a differant religion

You r right veer ji if u r talking about a "Gursikh" or any person following any religion. His/Her first and last love should be Waheguru/Ram/Allah/God. He surely will not fall in love with a "faithless cynic".

Guru ji here is talking about "faithless cynic" or sakat. Sakat belong to no religion. He is not sikh/hindu/muslim/christan. So inter-religious(which is the topic of discussion) is NOT possible, simply because sakat has no religion.

Sakat is a person who go against the hukum of the Guru or his/her religious teacher. So I totally agree with u that marrying with a sakat is like ruining ur own progress in spirtual world.

Instead if a religious person marries another religious person, they can both go hand in hand if they are REALLY religious.

I know u understand that "not keeping company of monay ( which I understand as people who were sikhs but cut their hair afterward)" is said just to make sure tht a gursikh doesn't aquire his sakat's bad habbits. It doens't mean to hate umm or not talk to them simply beacuse they have deceived their Guru.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i admit that luv is a factor in many relationships...

Love should be the only factor in relationships. Without it, it is nothing more than a duty being performed.

but loving someone means tht u were in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship before...but extra-marital relationships are against sikhi...
Not necessarliy, i can love a girl without making it physical or lustfull and still get married to her. now with that said, why are extra-marital relationships considered against sikhi?
so why wud u leave ur guru's hukam for somebody who doesn't believe in ur guru at all?  the way i see it the only reason one wud leave the love of guru for the love of world wud be because of one of the five vices

if it is that obvious that your partner who you wish to marry doesn't even respect your religion, then marriage shouldn't even be considered.

Who says you have to leave your love for your guru to get married to someone outside of your religion?

Not necessarliy, i can love a girl without making it physical or lustfull and still get married to her.  now with that said, why are extra-marital relationships considered against sikhi?

Pheena I have a question to ask you. Sorry if this sounds like an odd question but are you a boy or girl? Because of your name I have always reads your posts with a female narrator so I was kind of, well taken-aback when I read the above quoted line.

So could you please clarify?

Not necessarliy, i can love a girl without making it physical or lustfull and still get married to her.  now with that said, why are extra-marital relationships considered against sikhi?

Pheena I have a question to ask you. Sorry if this sounds like an odd question but are you a boy or girl? Because of your name I have always reads your posts with a female narrator so I was kind of, well taken-aback when I read the above quoted line.

So could you please clarify?

99991[/snapback]

:doh: I am neither, but this body is Male.

Bijla Singh Posted Yesterday, 08:25 PM

There is one more thing or reason in this world for which a sikh tend to marry a non-sikh. That is LOVE.

Then answer to my Guru Ji when He says:

eyh iknyhI AwskI dUjY lgY jwie ]

So-called "love" you speak of is described by Guru Ji in such a wonderful way. Read it yourself.

klr kyrI CpVI kaUAw mil mil nwie ]

The crow rubs and washes itself in the mud puddle.

mnu qnu mYlw AvguxI icMju BrI gMDI Awie ]

Its mind and body are polluted with its own mistakes and demerits, and its beak is filled with dirt.

srvru hMis n jwixAw kwg kupMKI sMig ]

The swan in the pool associated with the crow, not knowing that it was evil.

swkq isau AYsI pRIiq hY bUJhu igAwnI rMig ]

Such is the love of the faithless cynic; understand this, O spiritually wise ones, through love and devotion.

sMq sBw jYkwru kir gurmuiK krm kmwau ]

So proclaim the victory of the Society of the Saints, and act as Gurmukh.

So, what is love in Gurmat?

gurmuiK scI AwskI ijqu pRIqmu scw pweIAY ]

Sikhs are supposed to stay within Rehat and always company gursikhs and go to satsang. Having relationships with AnmqI people is not Sikhi. Simply because:

nwnk eyk joiq duie mUrqI sbid imlwvw hoie ]4]11]44]

Now tell me if such "Union" that Guru Ji speaks of is possible with following type of people

piqq, k`cw ip`lw, dbrU GusrU, AnmqI

I don't think it is possible but if you disagree then please explain and prove me wrong. Union that Guru Ji speaks of is only possible between two gursikhs who follow true Guru Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I haven't even given you quotes from Rehatnamas yet. Bhai Gurdas Ji speaks about not even staying in company of monas and you are talking about marrying monay AnmqI ? Kamaal Hai Aj De Sikhan Vich. Guru Rakha. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i agree with u bhaaji....that is kinda what i've beem tryin to say this whole time

i admit that luv is a factor in many relationships...

Love should be the only factor in relationships. Without it, it is nothing more than a duty being performed.

but loving someone means tht u were in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship before...but extra-marital relationships are against sikhi...
Not necessarliy, i can love a girl without making it physical or lustfull and still get married to her. now with that said, why are extra-marital relationships considered against sikhi?
so why wud u leave ur guru's hukam for somebody who doesn't believe in ur guru at all?  the way i see it the only reason one wud leave the love of guru for the love of world wud be because of one of the five vices

if it is that obvious that your partner who you wish to marry doesn't even respect your religion, then marriage shouldn't even be considered.

Who says you have to leave your love for your guru to get married to someone outside of your religion?

99979[/snapback]

I disagree, Love isn't the only factor in marriage. Religion is a major thing. Why marry someone else who would take you away from Waheguru? Marrying someone outside of your religion is done out of love for someone else, not love of God. If someone had true love of god, they would marry someone within their religion just because that it was Guru Ji demanded. You look at any of the great gursikhs of the past century and even beyond that, they all got arranged marriages, because they wouldn't have cared who they married as long as they were keeping true to their rehat. Love is a by-product of marriage in Sikhi, merely because all sikhs are supposed to live in constant rememberance of God, making the love of any other second to their love of god.

smartsingh24 bhaaji.....agree with u in every way

who wud wanna turn their face away from beautiful Guru ji?

and i dont know about anybody else, but where beauty is concerned....what face is more beautiful than the face that is facing towards Guru ji...in bana...in the way tht God created.............i don't se other religion's ppl not cutting their hair, using drugs, avoiding meat (soem do...but most don't)

I disagree, Love isn't the only factor in marriage. Religion is a major thing. Why marry someone else who would take you away from Waheguru?

you are correct veer ji that Love isn't the only factor, but i feel it should be a major factor. Where True Love not infatuation between 2 people exist, Tolerence, Respect, Surrender follow. Love does not look at religion, it looks at the heart of an indiviudal.

Majaji Ishq is the beginning of the metamorphosis into Haqiqi Ishq.

An assumption is made that if you marry someone outside of your religion you will be taken away from 'Waheguru'? Would u please extend on this a bit more as why and how can i be taken away from Waheguru if the 2 indivudals love and respect each other? Perhaps when you say taken away from waheguru you mean Sikhism just as much?

Marrying someone outside of your religion is done out of love for someone else, not love of God. If someone had true love of god, they would marry someone within their religion just because that it was Guru Ji demanded.
My view is that if i was to marry when considering my Love for God then I woudln't even consider Religion of the other as a factor, for all religions are his. You marry within your religion for a convenience factor more so than anything. You marry within your religion for your love for your Religion's ideaology, beliefs, history, way of life..etc, not necessarily love for God. If one Truely Loved God, then he/she would've risen above the lables of religion and would see God in the other as an indivudual free of a Lable. Then you love for 'God' as the Universal Provider for everyone is practiced as you do not limit this Love for God only to your religion.
.......all sikhs are supposed to live in constant rememberance of God, making the love of any other second to their love of god.

I agree.