Wats happening 2 the sikh youth?

WJKK WJKKF

i was talking 2 my friend a couple days and he was saying that Sikhism is dying out as a religion and saying that it will not last more than 10 years more. I believe this is absolutely utterly wrong. But to even think that kids these days r lead to believe this is ubsurd. There must b something done about this, there must b a message sent out to the youth no.gif

I will say again and again ..

Number one place to start this..

.... your own family.... tthere is ALWAYS one person at least in your family maybe on the 'wrong' track.... start with your own relatives/family/friends and spread prachaar....

p.s - i forgot to mention... LOL.gif sikhi is not dying ... LOL.gif ...hahahaha...

Sikhi is here to stay. This is the Panth that Guru Gobind Singh ji gave to Akaal Purakh to manage.

Nothing can ever destroy it.

Doesn't matter if 90% of youths cut their hair....their apostasy doesn't even put a scracth on Sikhi.

Stay in chardi kala.

Nothing can break the Khalsa Panth. This is the everlasting panth.

Things aren't as bad as they are going to get....the worst is still to come.

Just keep faith in Guru Vaheguru. If you lack bhagati like the rest of the 99.99% of the world, then you too are doomed.

YEA Wakin up.....Not Dying..

Look at countries like Russia and USA...There are many who are realising how flawless sikhi is...Its truly a new age religion(in my view) in terms of logic,spirituality,science, etc...

As for the youth, you cant really blame them. The pull of EGO in this world is stronger than it has ever been. Whatever you do..Dont force..Advise them.

i do seriously wonder how people will stop sayoing they are porud of being jatt

and how they will stop going mandir and asking the pandit about their future

and how some will change their views of "you only live life once"

list goes on and on.

i have always wandered, how come no sikh has ever thought about bringing a group of taksalis (who would contact the taksal about if they were willing to sort the panth out by meeting groups of jathai and make panth as one)

who would talk to AKJ

Akal takhat

and every jatha there is at a discreet location (all same stuff said, i.e. if they were willing to sort sikhi out)

and from there sort out about the thngs which plague the panth

start out by having an ardas, then in the presence of SGGS say the probs, how to sort it, if the khalsa agrees and then the 5 singhs of darbar sahib would offcially pass on the rule?

then come out with the panj pyare which come from

one taksali

one akj

one akal takhat

one DDT

one Tapoban

(symbolisim of a new unified jathai)

gustaphi maaf

with all due respect to kandola..cuz i'm sure your intentions are good...

but the panth is NOT represented by the ddt, akj, tapoban...etc...

these are some jathas that do seva...but are CERTAINLY NOT representative of the whole panth...there are soo many others...like rara sahib, nanaksar, bhai mani singh taksal, the nihung singhs, the nirmalas....and to include tapoban singh as a panj piyara for the panth would be riiculous...only because tapoban is a VERY VERY SMALL jatha that resides in a gurdwara in brampton...certainly not the whole panth...and they don't even attend panthic events in Toronto...nonetheless a jatha doing great seva of sikhi parchar to those who go to the tapoban gurdwara...

i still agree with your plan...that everyone should get together...

HOWEVER,

when it comes to picking the panj piyaraas...they should pick people based on thier jeevans, their naam kamaai, the seva they do, the gurbani they read and UNDERSTAND and APPLY in thier lives...NOT based on what jathabandis they represent....cuz there are more than 5 panthic jathebandis and probably a lot less true naam abhiyaasi singhs who are at the avastha to make panthic decisions...

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

u know this is weird, cz i was gna make a thread sayin that some one from every single jatha shud cm forth n tlk bout sikhi, to create 1 rehat n maryada, frm the smallest controversy 2 the largest.

its stupid, silly and pointless that there are more than 1 rehat n maryada

The inevitable truth --

Sikhi is passing away...rather than to say its "dying"...its becoming what Christianity today is.

Still exists, but hardly many people take it seriously.

Most likely, Sikhi will follow the way of the monay. Go to gurdwara, don't really follow any of the 'rules' of Sikhi, or the philosophy for that matter. But, they do attend Gurdwara, and are knowledgeable of culture and how things used to happen.

If you don't call that death, than I'm not sure what it is.