Kirpan

`KuMi´

dont touch a kirpan to ur mouth... same way u wouldnt touch guru ji to ur mouth...

bhagauti comes 3 times at teh start of ardas, shows how much respect to give to shasters..

100964[/snapback]

Well I m going off topic but I just want to clarify something.

Veer ji, isn't bhagauti means power of god when used in ardass? I know bhagauti also means sword but somebdy told me( may be katha of maskin ji) tht in ardass it represent power of God. or it may be like sword is the power of God wacko.gif

Also, regarding the question above, I think if u have pure love then its not disrespect. I may be wrong but I think "intentions" and "feeling" counts more than the physical actions.

101034[/snapback]

My interpretation is the sword (power) of God so realistically it represents both!! Vaheguru comes thru the sword of justice representing great power offering protection?

Sorry if im rong, jst thinking out loud on a boring afternoon at work...

i dont think should kiss kirpan, i been thinking about it all day... Same as you shudnt really put your kesh in your mouth, your khanga, kara and def not ya kashera!!

If your kissing out of pure love is that not lust in a way?

Stick to namaskar your shastar! (bow your forhead), coz it like represents ur head belongs to the shastar in a way.... (something i jst thought off?)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have one nad it is about two feet long, pretty blue velvet sheath, golden handle....beautiful chain and so simple that it is beautiful to just stare at for hours and hours (i hung it on my bedroom wall above my gutka cabinet with a mala and a painting i made depicting the kara, kirpan, kangha, khanda, and a nitnem gutka floating across an ocean as the mediums which fulfill a life)

i hope hanging it isn't disrespect....

it is disrespect. ustad bhai charnjit singh, when he use to do gatka demos always put a cloth in his mouth before putting a kirpan in his mouth, so that the kirpan would not touch his mouth...

dont touch a kirpan to ur mouth... same way u wouldnt touch guru ji to ur mouth...

bhagauti comes 3 times at teh start of ardas, shows how much respect to give to shasters..

100964[/snapback]

exactly, threre even pic to prove it

it is disrespect. ustad bhai charnjit singh, when he use to do gatka demos always put a cloth in his mouth before putting a kirpan in his mouth, so that the kirpan would not touch his mouth...

100964[/snapback]

:doh:

Enough said.

Thank you veerji.

Bhai Charanjit Singh Ji didn't put use a cloth to protect his own mouth; it was to protect/respect the shastar.

After years of not having access to the Gurudwara in pakistan, the guruwarda and gurudwara maryada where in a foul state. One elder singh told me that when they arrived at a gurudwara in pakistan one of the locals was reading from Guru Granth sahib and afer reading each ang (page) he would kiss the ang ( page) though he was doing it out of love , the singhs had to explain to the man that it is beadbi to be kissing Guru ji, as we are gunday and so lowely and our jooth should never be on Guru mahraj same applies to shaster , shaster should be treated with upmost respect, if you have love ofr your shaster then keep it clean and sharp and learn how to use it