Animation on Sahibzades

you don't think gurus would have stopped people from drawing them if they thought it was wrong?

And now this movie is wrong...Voice actors no.gif

102569[/snapback]

Whats wrong with it ? Would you have a problem if a similar animation was done about Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, Maharaja Rhunjeet Singh ?

I think some people delibrately like to make problems to keep themselves busy. There is nothing wrong with this animation.

I deeply respect the Sahibzade but they were not Guru so what is the problem with voice actors ? As long as our Guru are not depicted in animations I have no problem with animations based on the lives of any other Gursikh.

Its not as if this will lead to the voice actors being worshipped as was the case for the actors in the Mahabharat TV serial etc.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't think gurus would have stopped people from drawing them if they thought it was wrong?

And now this movie is wrong...Voice actors no.gif

102569[/snapback]

Did they stop people from drawing them ? or did they stop people worshipping idols, pictures etc ?

I went to the exhibition held in the new research building at Gurdwara Bangla Sahib late last year and they had a drawing of Guru Gobind Singh Ji done by an artist of one of the hill state raja. It looked nothing like the the Hindu inspired pop art images of our Guru we find for sale at shops near Gurdwara in India and the west.

Jassa SIngh or ranjit Singh are not our Gurus or Sahibzadey?

How can you ever produce the same voice with same emotions which was originally done by Sahibzadey?

YOu can never becasue that was done under the HUkam of God and you trying to copy the Hukam.

102617[/snapback]

EVERYTHING COMES UNDER THE HUKHAM OF VAHEGURU!!

Then the question would lie is there any need to tell stories? Because how can we then "show or speak" the true emotions given of the Sahibzaday or the Gurus. We cant give the feelings the Shaheed Singhs had yet we ALWAYS remember them and say this is what happened to them.

84 is a big one, if someone was to make a video (in the sameway they reconstructed 9/11, pearlharbour etc) what would the outcome be? Id say if you have a problem with this you should feel the same about that as it becomes an insult to Sant Ji and Harmander Sahib does it now?

WJKK WJKF

The reason we don’t do Animation/Movies etc of Gurus but can do for any historical human figure is because there is a very thin line between Gurus and humans which represents respect.

Yes, history can never be said exactly but we need to have some respect for gurus whose acting we can never express exactly. We can never make exact human figure or animation which represents them. It is out of respect that my guru is superior to me and I can never copy his acting and bring myself to the same level of behaviour. Here is the catch Picture only represent Physical form but animantion represents behaviour. I don't really care how my guru looks, but I do care if anyone wants to copy the behaviour of my guru.

Yes we can copy any other acting like ranjit singh or Jassa Singh ahluwalia etc although we still might not be able to copy the exact move, but we are not insulting our guru anywhere.

Trying to Copy the verbal, physical, emotional expression of gurus is not only insulting but dangerous too. We cannot copy the hukam of God. Humans can’t act like Gurus. If that is so then our gurus are below humans.

Before making such movies, there should be discussion and debate in sangat. This is my opinion and should be everyone’s too.It is sad and unfortunate that people are bringing up their own controversies without consulting the Panth. There should be a overall discussion and debate on Animation.

Secondly, the pictorial portrayal of gurus doesn’t say anything about the behavior of Gurus which talking and walking in animation does tells and which scale would we use to judge the best behaviour? Well, that would be based on manmat.

Sincerely,

It takes Time , effort, dedication and love for the Gurus to make such an animation. Do you think the people who make such animations have any feelings of insulting the Gurus? The main purpose of the animation is to inspire sikhs and i think they are doing it well.

I understand that your point of view about the behaviour, but also remember that the Gurus will not be mad at us, if we are promoting their message, Guru doesnt have a form.

I remember when we were younger, my parents made sure that whenever we looked at a picture they told us that this is what the artist sees guru ji as, and that our guru has no form. they always made sure we knew what we were looking at should not be seen as "the real thing" just to take the message from it......

looking at that, i think this movie is a great tool to teach our youngsters.. it is our responsibility to tell them that this is an artists rendition, its what they imagine it to be like... tell them we just want them to learn about the history.

dont blame these guys for maknig the video, they did an amazing job with it, take on the responsibility to use this tool and use it right....

Jassa SIngh or ranjit Singh are not our Gurus or Sahibzadey?

How can you ever produce the same voice with same emotions which was originally done by Sahibzadey?

YOu can never becasue that was done under the HUkam of God and you trying to copy the Hukam.

102617[/snapback]

Sahibzade are also not our Guru, we need to draw a fine line between our Guru and everyone else when it comes to movies, animation etc.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj did not treat the sahibzade any different from the rest of the Khalsa so why you trying to make a hierachy below the Guru for who we can and cannot do animations about ?

Would you have a problem with someone doing animation on Baba Atal Rai or Baba Gurditta ?

The people behind this animation have done a fine job and we should applaud them for doing so rather than trying to stab them in the backs. Perhaps with the right feedback they can do even more projects that can help educate our youngsters.