should we tie beard?

pari_singh

should we tie beard?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. should we tie beard?

• yes
    • no

im sure we've had a similar topic...anyway i agree 2 flowing beard looks so cool....ppl think tied beard looks more smart n clean i think it jus makes singhs look older than they really r rolleyes.gif

read this....

The only reason of tying the beard, agree or disagree, is FASHION. Some people argue that we tie our head hair (kesh), why can't we tie our beards? To equate heard hair with beard, in this case, is absolutely ridiculous. But they forget that we tie turban on hour HEARD, not on our beard. If they want to tie beards, in my opinion, they should start bearing turbans on their beards also. Flowing beard is the sign of saintliness.I have never seen a sant with tied beard ( i am not saying all the people with flowing beards are sants).

I have seen some non-sikhs with long flowing beards. I saw a a postman, with long flowing beard (a white man), and an old construction worker with beautiful white long beard. These peole do not tie their beards even at work. The reason is, as I think, they LOVE their beards and grow them under no pressure. As Sikhs (not all Sikhs), we feel beards don't look good and attractive, but we cannot cut them either because of religion (in other words, religious pressure), so why not to tie them? This is where the thought of tying the beard originates from. We are becoming more and more narrow minded. In this case, tying the beard, in my opinion, is absolutely equal to trimming it.

Guest learner singh

It's ok.... cutting and trimming is against sikhism... i've see Amritdhari with transportation background keep it open and Amritdhari with computer profession keep it tied. I don't think its bujar kurahait.......

worthy.gif: I voted for tied darhi as i tie mine, and yes i am in computer profession but i don't think its to do with that. Its personal prefrence, like when i got darhi mum said u can either tie it or keep it open, but no way can u cut it.

So i kept it open through college and then started tying it in university and now to work worthy.gif: ->>> :e: one day...

Total 4 votes,

2 by honey and pari same person.

1 by Son Of Guru Gobind Singh ji ( aCcidental )

1 by me

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

According to the reight maryada, sikhs MUST have a flowing beard, and of course, be amrithar. Your beard should be flowing. I do not think we should question the orders of our satguru. Anyway, none of the gurus tied their dharis, and no sant or bhagat i have read about tied their dharis. Anyway, I think tieing your dhari makes you like like a villan, weak, OLD, and a giddar. I think thats how tieing a dhari makes you look. On the other hand, I think someone who has flowing dhari looks better. But it really does not matter what it looks like. What matter is tan tan sat guru sahib je said no tied dhari, open, flowing dhari. Lets obey sat guru je's order. I mean, how lucky are we for getting to know sat guru jes order?!! We are indeed very lucky that he has bestowed a path before us to follow, and which we should not take for granted.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!