y are sikh parents strict on relationships

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The fourth cardinal sin in Sikhi is Haram - Adultery and sexual relationships outside of marriage

hy kwmM nrk ibsRwmM bhu jonI BRmwvxh ]

"O sexual desire, you lead the mortals to hell; you make them wander in

reincarnation through countless species."

(SGGSJ Ang 1358)

dyiK prweIAW cMgIAW mwvW BYxW DIAW jwxY ]

"Men should look at the opposite sex as mothers, sisters and daughters, (women should look at the opposite sex as fathers, brothers and sons)."

(//. 29, Pauri 11, Bhai Gurdas ji)

eykw nwrI jqI hoie pr nwrI DI BYx vKwxY ]

"Be faithful to your one wife, see others as your daughters and sisters, (for women you must be faithful to one husband and see others as your sons and brothers)."

(//. 6, Pauri 8, Bhai Gurdas ji)

Singhs are to see elder women as their mothers, female peers as sisters and younger females as daughters. In the same manner, women are to see elder men as their fathers, male peers as their brothers and younger males as their sons. Those who have sexual relationships outside of the bonds of marriage go to hell and in the after-life they will suffer the pain of embracing red-hot iron columns.

…qpq QMm gil lwiqAw ]

"…the hot irons are put around his/her body."

(SGGSJ Ang 546)

In the after-life, these individuals are boiled in cauldrons in hot oil.

pr iqRA rwvix jwih syeI qwlwjIAih ]

"Those who enter sexual relationships outside of marriage shall be taken to hell and boiled in very hot oil." (SGGSJ Ang 1362)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

hi, i'm 24 years old now and let me tell you from experience, when your 16,17, 18, 19, 20, etc, you are not as mature as you think you are.  When I was 16 I thought I knew more than my parents.  When I was 18, I thought I knew more than everyone in the world.  My parents suspected I had a Gf at age 16 and when they asked me things related to that I would get upset and start fighting with them , well it turns out the only reason I fought with them is because they were right and I wanted to hide everything I was doing.  Being in  a"relationship" may seem harmless at your age now, but trust me when you get a little older you will realize that you should have developed a relationship with waaheguru first.

I'm telling you from experience. 

peace.

105330[/snapback]

Yup Yup, Ma folks are doing that to me cus they think i got a gyal

105500[/snapback]

they THINK?? hmm :doh: @ grin.gifgrin.gif ahem..

105543[/snapback]

lol