could sikhism be a way of life?

Bhajneet

well for one there's the difference in the afterlife. There's also the fact that most forms of christianity believe that only christians can go to heaven while everyone else will suffer eternal damnation, as opposed to sikhi which believes that ours is not the only path to god, just one of the best.

his belief is that you can be both christian and sikh, or anything. he thinks that sikhism is a discipline and that you could just do the disciplines of sikhism along with what you do in christianity.

105370[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

You know there are many disciplines of Sikhi other then cutting the hair, like worshipping the "formless", unborn GOD, and Christians worship Jesus. I have seen many people say they are half Hindu, and half Sikh. I just dont understand that, one belevies in hundreds of Gods, and one believes in just One God. I have seen many Christians today try to persuade other faiths to believe in Jesus but still practice their religions. Like Jews for Jesus, Muslims for Jesus. I mean its fine that they worship him, but if they asked me to accept Jesus as the "true Lord" I would have to disagree, i mean he might be a man of love and peace but he is not the "Son of God", and they mean that quite literally. After learning about Sikhism I realized that we are not suppose to worship the Guru Granth Sahib, we are to follow it. But our Guru has made clear that we are to worship only God with all our love.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

friends question, didnt really know how to respond.

his belief is that you can be both christian and sikh, or anything. he thinks that sikhism is a discipline and that you could just do the disciplines of sikhism along with what you do in christianity.

since i dont have a thorogh knowledge of christianity, i can't really refute this idea of his. are there any conflicting viewpoints in christianity and sikhism?

or is it actually possible to have a religion of christianity and a discipline of sikhism?

105370[/snapback]

Fateh Ji

Theres contradiction, BIG one! When a christian takes communion, he takes what?

The bread, represents the body of Jesus, and drink WINE, which represents the blood of jesus.

Sikhs dont drink! Its in the discpline not to! lol, so b a bit tuff! Also, they go to the church every sunday and we shud realistically go and get darshan all the time!!! Not whenever is convenient, but most of the time when its not convenient!!! OUr Guru lives with us.

They sit on tables etc to eat and in the congregation, they Uncover heads to enter, we cover our heads!

Dont think it would work out too well...

Apologies if i have offended.

Just one other thing, "Why have you forsaken me" were the words spoken by Jesus when he was on the cross to give Shaheedi. "Tera Kiyaa Mita Lagae" What is yours is sweet to me! Were the words of our 5th Guru when he was on the hot plates carrying out his shaheedi. We celebrate and crave death, they fear it.

WJKK WJKF

Sat Sri Akal:

There is a fundamental difference between Christianity and Sikhism, which is the objective of life. Christianity emphasizes that doing good deeds and living an honest and decent life with Jesus as your savior is the path to heaven.

Sikhism states that doing good deeds and living an honest life will have its benefits, but the supreme objective is to merge the self with the Almighty. The Guru Granth Sahib makes this point over and over that the objective is the merging with the Almighty.

While Christianity puts Jesus on a pedestal and states that that perfection cannot be obtained, the Guru Granth Sahib states that the Sikh must become like the Guru to achieve the union with the Almighty (with Kirpa of the Almighty).

This is where those believing in pluralism are met with fast-talking christian or islamic salesmen. Christianity has so many different 'aspects' believing in so many different things that it would be much easier for a person to be christian and hindu than christian and sikh.

I doubt it would be easy for example for Punjabi sikhs to accept Christian Mormonism whereby you are taught that only white people will enter heaven and that when you die God will turn you white if lived a good life before entering heaven. Why would God bother making people in diffrent colours in the first place? :doh:

According to them blacks are the descendents of baaaaaaaad people :doh: -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacks_and_th...tter-day_Saints