A new invention! Just an idea...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoie isK isr topI DrY ] swq jnm kustI huie mrY ]

He who as a Sikh places a hat on their head; will be reborn seven times as a leper.

Thankhaanama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

If an occupation makes you comprimise your Sikhee, you have to ask yourself is

108322[/snapback]

where was this quote taken from ?

108361[/snapback]

I remember Guroo Saahibs Panj Pyaray telling me in my Amrit Sanchaar....

Guest Faujan

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Veer ji, I have seen Sikhs in the army put nets around their dastar for camaflouge, if we want to advance with society we need something like this. There are 2 purposes of the dastar, one is to take care of the hair, and second as a Crown of our Identity. By putting a protective see thruogh covering on it we will not defame it. When I visited Punjab all the Sardars would put a plastic see-through covering over their dastar so it wouldn't get wet. Now, we need a hard see-through covering for our protection.

108353[/snapback]

First of all, Veerji, I just want to say that perhaps you should not base justification of something on the fact that you have seen someone do it. JUst because people do it doesn't make it right. Which you yourself have stated in the above quoted post. blush.gif

The only reason I am against this is because we were told not to wear hats - which covers helmets, obviously. It doesn not make a difference whether the helmet is see-through or not. We can't not wear helmets just because people can't recognise our Sikhi due to our concealed Dastaars. A hat is a hat, no matter the color, or absence thereof. Keep faith in Guru Ji, He will protect you.

Also, if you want to 'go against rehit' - I honestly couldn't think of another way to say it blush.gif - to advance with society . . . . . you should re-think your belief.

like i said before.. there are many places where they let sardars ride now without a helmet.. if they are wearing a dastar.. why not just try to get this done in ur own country?

108359[/snapback]

Quite difficult to do so. Imagine trying to do that in France. America is probably better, but that's one country.

murakh di bhull chuk di khimma bakshni, Jiyo

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

it'll never work.

108226[/snapback]

Why?

108228[/snapback]

because everyone ties a different dastaar.

108364[/snapback]

Perhaps, just make your dastarr extra large ( :T: ) and more tight, so when you fall off, it won't be so much of a problem. Isn't most dastars and turbans offer good enough protection anyways? The patka might need more protection though.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

like i said before.. there are many places where they let sardars ride now without a helmet.. if they are wearing a dastar.. why not just try to get this done in ur own country?

108359[/snapback]

BC, Canada allows you to ride motorcycles/bicycles without helmets!!! :TH:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I undersand what you guys are saying about how people tie differnt turbans, maybe just keep different sizes for the round dastar becuase round is round. Or even get one made just for me.lol I know I might seem lame to you guys but I am very serious about this idea.

The part I dont understand is how it is disrespecting Sikhi to put the see thruogh protective cover over the dastar. The helmet is important, and a dastar can't give the protection a helmet does. But the Dastar is also very very important it not only takes care of our hair, but has become Identity for a Sikh or even a Kaur. So by putting see through proctive covernig, everyone will still see our Identity, we will still feel our Identity, and at the safe time protect us. Even the Singhs of Guru ji's time use to put steal rings our their dastar for protection.

So please tell me why I shouldn't get one made for my dastar.

WJKKWJKP!

Singh...there are plenty of posts that state why its not right to put a helmet of ur Dastar, at the end of the day if ur looking for justification then thats fine, it seems ur adamant about this idea, so good luck to you. you asked the sangats advice and most have stated against the idea, but chalo....i hope u have fun making a mockery out of Guroo Saahibs Dastaar.

The Chakkars u keep quoting were designed by Maharaj themselves, so that is no comparison and they do not cover the dastar and are hats/helmets.

Think of it logically, who's going to fund such a project? Who will make it? where will it be made? Who will wear it??

Face it singho it wont work and to be honest i would be totally against the idea as would others.

Like i said before, if an occupation/hobby/ANYTHING comes between you, your sikhi and your Guroo...then is it really worth it???

Think about it...

WJKKWJKP!

WJKKWJKP!

Singh...there are plenty of posts that state why its not right to put a helmet of ur Dastar, at the end of the day if ur looking for justification then thats fine, it seems ur adamant about this idea, so good luck to you. you asked the sangats advice and most have stated against the idea, but chalo....i hope u have fun making a mockery out of Guroo Saahibs Dastaar.

The Chakkars u keep quoting were designed by Maharaj themselves, so that is no comparison and they do not cover the dastar and are hats/helmets.

Think of it logically, who's going to fund such a project? Who will make it? where will it be made? Who will wear it??

Face it singho it wont work and to be honest i would be totally against the idea as would others.

Like i said before, if an occupation/hobby/ANYTHING comes between you, your sikhi and your Guroo...then is it really worth it???

Think about it...

WJKKWJKP!

108453[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh

Lets just forget if this will work or not, I am very very sorry but I still dont understand how it is going against Sikhi. Is it ok for Sikh to put camaflouge nets on their Dastar in the Army? Is it ok for Sikhs to put plactic covers over their Dastars in the rain? This product is not exaclty like a helmet, people will still be able to see your Dastar. So when you fall of the motorcycle wont your dastar along with your brains be all over the road, or in the army. This product will protect the dastar, along with your brain. Remember its see-through, so your Dastar will be visible. Just forget if it will work, and please tell me how it is going against the dastar. It protecting it, and doesn't hide it.