Is an amrit dhari Sikh allowed to swear?

Guest Guest

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but again...dont judge the person if he/she cussez ....

i can't find the tuk...

but i know Guru sahib ji says

i think its in asa di //...soemthing like "....bharo bhul chuk boldeyyy...."

if rab dey piyarey say bad stuff from out side...it doesn't really affect them!

but that is the people who have reached an avastha...who are one with Akal purakh!

and to tell you the truth its hard to say who is one with Akal purakh and who is not

here is a story that i have heard of BHAI Vir Singh ji(the sixth river of Punjab)

He used to do naam abhiyas in Darbar sahib...was a naam rasiye for sure

and he was young

and then he stopped gettin that rus..

so he went to this baba ji who was cleaning the dishes at Darbar sahib. he told him that he is not connected no more. he doesn't feel anything

and that baba ji told him that what you thing that by doing naam simran at darbar sahib you will connect? goi someplace where you will. in Darbar sahib (well he told him something which im forggetina nd dont wana say soemthing that i didn't hear0

so bhai veer singh ji goes to a garden. he did naam simran there but after awhile he stopped gettin the arand again!

so he came to that baba ji again and asked him to help him.

and baba ji asked him where was he doing simran this time. and bhai sahib told him in a bagg(garden) and the baba ji laughed.

baba ji said to him...are u crazy what makes you think that doing naam simran away from Guru ki nagarii will get you somewhere? come back!

and then bab ji asked him...he said its not the place.

do you really know why you stoppped gettin the rus? Bhai sahib didn't know so he asked bab ji to tell him.

babaji said try to remeber when you did naam simran in Darbar sahib. try to remember the day when there were two bajorag sittin by you. what came to you mind at that time? what did you say to your self? they were talking right and you said to you self...look at me, im so young and am trying to connect with my Akal purakh and look at these old people...they still haven;t found out the purpose of life...they are talking whilest im doing naam simran....

and when you were in garden what did you say to your self??

you said look im here in this garden not even in Gurdwara and connecting with Waheguru, but look at those people who God to Darbar sahib in bhir bharaka(in a rush...where there are lost of people) and dont know what they really on earth for.

These two things came to your mind. and to tell you the two bajorakh(elders) who were sittin by you while you were doing sirman were connected with Akal purakh from inside...

eventhough they were talking from outside

but their inside was intuned with Akal! the words they were saying were all simran eventhough they were talking about something else!

so i would say we should not try to judge anyone cuz we can never know who is who pray.gif

jus watch your own self!

when you see anyone, jus tell your self...that you are going to be watching your self and see if you do what you saw the pother person doing.

make your self better!<< this is what bhai Pinderpal ji have told me when i was listening to him doing katha!

stop watching others really ...and if you really love someone and do wana tell them and save them(i guess) then do tell them in a nice way..that veeray ji or bhanji/bibiji (i love you so much...and could you tell me one things? is this allowed in sikhi? could i do wha you jus did right now?

this way they will be aware of what they jus did and opfcourse KHALSA is a role model init...

if they say yes or no...then you should know what to do.....

well in both cases you should hug them(if they feel confy cuz i know some peopel are so :) @ that they don't like the feelin heheh not their fault) and/or give them a big simple say your fav shabd to your self a bit or lil bit loud and jus make your self aware of what not to do as a sikh pray.gif and start watchin your self from that day!

Guru sahib kirpa karan on me and start making me do what i jus have writen up.

do ardas for me sangat ji...

Waheguru

das nu maaf karnaa

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jiki fateh

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh.

Amrit shakan da fer kee faida je saadi rehni behni, boll chaal achay nai?

Our Guru made his Sikhs the purest of the pure, so where is room for even a speck of blemish? Allowed or not, I wouldn't know, but what I do know is that if we were to speak to the Guru, would we use any offencive words? If we cannot speak to the Guru in a certain way, what gives us the thought that it is all right to speak otherwise to anyone else? Why the difference then?

Amrit shakan da fer kee faida je saadi rehni behni, boll chaal achay nai?

Our Guru made his Sikhs the purest of the pure, so where is room for even a speck of blemish? Allowed or not, I wouldn't know, but what I do know is that if we were to speak to the Guru, would we use any offencive words? If we cannot speak to the Guru in a certain way, what gives us the thought that it is all right to speak otherwise to anyone else? Why the difference then?

109758[/snapback]

Good point veerji!

Now let us decide if it is allowed or not! Guru ji says:

Eie hwjru imTw boldy bwhir ivsu kFih muiK Goly ]

oue haajur mithaa boludhae baahar vis kutehi mukh gholae

In His Sublime Presence, they talk sweetly, but behind His back, they exude poison from their mouths.

min Koty diX ivCoVy ]11]

man khottae dhay vishorrae

The evil-minded are consigned to separation from the Lord. ||11||

(ang 306)

and as Bhai Gurdas Ji Says,

bilhwrI iqnW gurisKW gurmiq bol boldy imTw]

balihaaree thinaa gurasikhaa gurumath bol boludhae mithaa

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who speak sweet.

:)

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo ji ki Fateh!!

Guest Guest

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Is a amrit dhari sikh allowed to swear or not? And what if they do?

109647[/snapback]

No offence but I honestly hope you arn't this dependent on SikhSangat, SikhSangat could use moreintellectual subjects.

109651[/snapback]

so true cantlogin !

109714[/snapback]

Is this what your intellectual discussions on Sikh Sangat have taught you to do? When someone comes to you with a concern or a question, you criticise it, and deem it unworthy? Who are you to say it is not intellectual enough? Perhaps they honestly do not know, and need help in learning. It doesn't mean it has to be some great, well-known, controversial issue. In fact, I personally say that these small issues usually show us our greatest shortcomings.

If you've no contribution to the person's learning/understanding process, if you've no desire to help them along the path to their Sikhi, then I would request you to prevent yourself from becoming a hindrance as well.

You should at least respect your fellow Sangat enough to not put them down.

Hopefully I did not offend anyone, as it was not my intention.

Gustaakhi maaf. Waheguru Ji bless you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Here's what Guru Sahib SPECIFICALLY has to say regarding swearing...this is found in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee...

"Naanak fikkai boleeyai tan man fikka hoey, Fikko fikka saddeai fikkai fikki soey. Fikka dargeh satteai mooh thukka fikkai paey. Fikka moorakh aakheaii paana lahai sajaey"

"Nanak, those who cuss and speak rudely, get their minds and bodies filled with filth. Likewise they shall be spat upon in the court of God. Those who cuss and speak rudely are called fools and given a shoe-beating in HIS court"

Pls forgive any slip-ups in the humble attempt to translate bani above. :):