Without You

Nama Singh

VJKK VJKF

I was gonna post this in my blog but thought its more of a forum thing...

I am beginning to think more n more everyday... i wanna leave this place. Leave England. Leave everything here. Just go away to the states which is open to me anytime. My family has been planning it for... 10 years almost. And the more n more i go through my daily life here... the more n more i wanna get away and it feels so right to do so. I mean its not all doom n gloom here but its becoming more so. Yes, grass is always greener on the other side, as you could say. But ive spent months n months there at a time and i love it. I know it has its downs but i know its ups too.

The question is... is reaching that inner jot.. that inner enlightenment possible without sangat too? I mean... sangat of the holy. Like obviously there are Gurdwaras in the states n that but the sangat base is not as big as it here in the UK.

This isnt so much of a personal question - as i know theres enough of ya that wud say gud rittance!!! lol! (wouldnt blame ya though..!) But itd be good to know what you think. I know there are quotes from Gurbani that begin "without sangat..." but is this as blatent as it seems?

Singh its always hard to move to the new place where you don't know anyone. I would say that states will be lot more different that what's in UK. But hey it always take time to fit in with different social lifestyle. And on the bright side is that you don't have to leave them forever. You can go back and visit them often as you probably have relatives back there. Soo ummm yeh it will be hard for few days but it will be cool afterwards.. I know couple englanderss who love being in california :doh: Sangat is important hunnah.. but way too much sangat is deadly too as you know that there's always ppls back there who would only like to see negative things happening to you.. So yeh.. it depends which sangat you gonna prefer :)

Btw is it California ?

VJKK VJKF

The question is... is reaching that inner jot.. that inner enlightenment possible without sangat too? I mean... sangat of the holy. Like obviously there are Gurdwaras in the states n that but the sangat base is not as big as it here in the UK.

This isnt so much of a personal question - as i know theres enough of ya that wud say gud rittance!!! lol! (wouldnt blame ya though..!) But itd be good to know what you think. I know there are quotes from Gurbani that begin "without sangat..." but is this as blatent as it seems?

110802[/snapback]

Gurdwara is Guru Ghar, you have sangat there all the time so you dnt need to worry about sangat.

Go, it be good for you a change of scenery, new people to get into, learn something about Sikhi.

WJKK WJKF

Singh its always hard to move to the new place where you don't know anyone. I would say that states will be lot more different that what's in UK. But hey it always take time to fit in with different social lifestyle. And on the bright side is that you don't have to leave them forever. You can go back and visit them often as you probably have relatives back there. Soo ummm yeh it will be hard for few days but it will be cool afterwards.. I know couple englanderss who love being in california :doh: Sangat is important hunnah.. but way too much sangat is deadly too as you know that there's always ppls back there who would only like to see negative things happening to you.. So yeh.. it depends which sangat you gonna prefer :)

Btw is it California ?

110807[/snapback]

I agree. I always thought that... sangatt is good but TOO much sangat can be deadly. I think we also use sangat in the wrong context. Some times people class their group of friends as sangat but they wont sit down n do naam bani simran together. Just chillout.

It is California id be coming. I love the place. It inspired me so much in my sikhi too. To be able to walk down to the beach and do rehraas whilst the sunsets or 5 baniya in the morning as it rises. It sounds like a dream but its so surreal... sitting on the quiet clean beech, the sounds of the sea and birds in ure ears and the beauty of the landscape all around you. So amazing. In the UK, its just living in a industrial town or city with nothing amazing like that for hundreds of miles around (depending where u r) and its horrible. California - they get on with their lives, so much more happier on the whole, so chilled out, in good jobs, good families, good environment and still keeping Sikhi. The yogis (3HO) Gurdwara is like half an hour from where i wud be and ok, in Wolves the nearest one is like a 5 min walk with the option of 2 Gurdwaras..!

The only thing ive been worried about is sangat.... not sure if i can do it without the sangat we get here in the UK.

Btw is it California ?

110807[/snapback]

I agree. I always thought that... sangatt is good but TOO much sangat can be deadly. I think we also use sangat in the wrong context. Some times people class their group of friends as sangat but they wont sit down n do naam bani simran together. Just chillout.

It is California id be coming. I love the place. It inspired me so much in my sikhi too. To be able to walk down to the beach and do rehraas whilst the sunsets or 5 baniya in the morning as it rises. It sounds like a dream but its so surreal... sitting on the quiet clean beech, the sounds of the sea and birds in ure ears and the beauty of the landscape all around you. So amazing. In the UK, its just living in a industrial town or city with nothing amazing like that for hundreds of miles around (depending where u r) and its horrible. California - they get on with their lives, so much more happier on the whole, so chilled out, in good jobs, good families, good environment and still keeping Sikhi. The yogis (3HO) Gurdwara is like half an hour from where i wud be and ok, in Wolves the nearest one is like a 5 min walk with the option of 2 Gurdwaras..!

The only thing ive been worried about is sangat.... not sure if i can do it without the sangat we get here in the UK.

110871[/snapback]

msn provides you with video chat so if worst comes to worst you are able to see em that way!!

If you wona go somewhere then go, if you look back to sangat, then isnt that attachment to people and not to vaheguru?

If you can explain it like that then by not goin to where you can have such a time to read Gurbani would be fault by the sangat you speak of as they would then feel bad for stopping you from going!! Is that fair on them??

Its a good opportunity, from experience, take them when you can, they dnt come again.

You will have the net there so you wont be leaving anything, you will still have ss and msn, which is prob where you speak to your sangat neway if they arnt from wolves so its not too different.

I think sometimes we get too comfortable in the sangat we find ourselves in, and become somewhat reclused. This is counter-productive, as we should be spreading the this wonderful gift of Sikhi we have been given, and thus we should be creating new sangat around us. This is why I think for certain you should go, and help to make the sangat there as strong as that which exists here in the Midlands. Best of luck to you, and we look forward to seeing Californian Keertan Programmes featured on your websites soon.