A Message For The Preachers...

i have to make a serious attempt, because it all sounds like preaching to me. And i dont mean EVERYTHING, just when people tell me about their beliefs in religion. probably because i have firm ones of my own.

this random dude at the gurdwara said "i should seriously considor taking amrit" abd just popped out of nowhere. epitome of preaching.

call "being a rebel" a phase if you want, but its more of a way of life for me.

@H4RPAL

my family took me with them. i had no choice. and your bad at sarcasm.

@Gurpreet Singh

If everyone was like you, there would be no problems between religions

112539[/snapback]

I'm bad at sarcasm, and ur a crappy atheist- u didnt hear me complaining did ya?? Wheres the love man???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paji/Penji, I'm stil confused with 1 thing, how can one be an athiest but born in a sikh family, who have beliefs?

deadquoteolympian Ji what made you become an athoest? didnt your parents teach you anything about sikhi or was it your own choice?

hol up... u said

this random dude at the gurdwara said "i should seriously considor taking amrit" abd just popped out of nowhere. epitome of preaching.

... u wanna explain to me how THATS preaching??... dude... wha's ur definition of PREACHING?.... it sounds like anybody givin advice to u is a 'preacher'... if i say 'yo you shouldn't drink alcohol' would u say that's preaching?... or 'yo you shouldn't jump off a cliff'....

dude.. THINk before you type... if u wanna debate/argue somethin at least have some SOLID facts n arguments to say...

Maybe he wants an unbiased view of sikhi and not the replys that contain "We are not preaching but sharing a secret" or "You may see the light soon".

It's sort of patronising.

If people do give him advise without these comments then maybe he won't feel as though people are preaching. I know it's difficult because this is a "sikhi" forum. Imagine a teacher at school explaining religion to their student.

I've had a teacher who was a Christian and he always added his biased view on Christianity which made everyone feel as though he was preaching. Another teacher who was also Christian teaching us the same thing didn't add his own views and just taught us, which made us more keen to learn

Maybe that might be the problem.

I'm not sure if I have explained myself properly, but hopefully you guys understand

Can any of my Paji or Penji get me out of the confusion how an athiest can be born in2 a Sikh family (or any family that have religious beliefs)?

i made my own beliefs after researching a bit. I'm only 15, so i'll probably change a few times before I choose a true religion. The only 2 I semi agree with is Buddhism and Sikhism.

advice? its not advice. you THINK its advice because you THINK your right. If you gave me just information like singhy said, then I could form my OWN opinion. Also, dont start givving me "advice" until you're asked.