2nd Generation Sikh Fanaticism

sureal69

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in fact on my radio show I declared myself false and NOT a Sikh due to the fact that at that time, I didn't even envisage being blessed with Amrit. I wasn't even a practising Sikh, I was someone who wanted to be a Sikh. I was panjabi.

i think i can recall that, correct me if im wrong, but i presume the "K" from rKr has the word "kaur" in.

if you say you never declared yourself a sikh on the radio, then why did you declare yourself a sikh by affixing "Kaur" to your name on ss?

gustaphi maaf

Obviously a mistake on my part, when I was chosing a name. Another thing All Info and others can varify is my e-mails, in particular from work would always be signed "RAV RAI" which was my name, until June 4th when it had been changed to Rav Kaur.

My anolomy on SS is my own fault, and I apologise. Please do ardaas and ask the Lord giver to bless this moorakh daughter of theirs who continues to falter.

And in fact on my radio show I declared myself false and NOT a Sikh due to the fact that at that time, I didn't even envisage being blessed with Amrit. I wasn't even a practising Sikh, I was someone who wanted to be a Sikh. I was panjabi.

i think i can recall that, correct me if im wrong, but i presume the "K" from rKr has the word "kaur" in.

if you say you never declared yourself a sikh on the radio, then why did you declare yourself a sikh by affixing "Kaur" to your name on ss?

gustaphi maaf

114225[/snapback]

I know of Hindus with the name Kaur and Singh.

I know goray with the name Patel

Whats your point in a name??

The president of Sikh Society for warwick uni had a persian-muslim name but was sikh. Didnt make him ne less of a person. If you are born with a name on your birth certificate thats a name given to you, spelling out ur initialls.

Maharaj tells us to use the names Singh and Kaur instead of the family name passed on as if your a Sikh of Guru Ji, he is your father and blood line not the name you get from your physical parents heritage.

Names a name bro, irelevant argument!

Thought this topic was about Gurus Children being fanatic, not about names!!

Obviously a mistake on my part, when I was chosing a name. Another thing All Info and others can varify is my e-mails, in particular from work would always be signed "RAV RAI" which was my name, until June 4th when it had been changed to Rav Kaur.

My anolomy on SS is my own fault, and I apologise. Please do ardaas and ask the Lord giver to bless this moorakh daughter of theirs who continues to falter.

114226[/snapback]

I started this topic in order to understand the nature of 2nd generation fanaticism within our religion. I received a few relevant posts. But this quote above about someone asking for our prayers because she used kaur when she wasn’t a sikh takes the cake.

You make me laugh with your holier than though attitude. “Lord once I was lost but now I am found, whatever!”. If you’d read the topic you’d be able to appreciate what I was trying to focus in on, this topic is specifically designed for people of your ilk.

I do appreciate the few who tried to say that my posts were brahministic in nature, it certainly gave me a good laugh. Whenever you disagree with someone label their comments seditious with respect our rehats or nominally your rehats from a particular babba.

One of my uncles son’s wears his full bana, full nihang outfit to university so no pants but a kurta type of thing, you all know what I’m talking about what you see during Vasakhi. He wears it every day!. Apparently if some of you people have your way, that will be the accepted dress code for anyone choosing to follow Sikhism. There’ll probably be like two of certified sikhs but no matter quality but not quantity right?

For me, gurbani is most powerful and I feel its sublime message wash over me in waves whenever someone with true love in their hearts sings shabads with utmost devotion. Those people are few and far between but always worth the wait. That is the essence and the meaning of Sikh and Sikhism. You people embarrass yourselves and at times our religion by doing the things you do. Imagine, having a discussion on who should and shouldn’t be able to use kaur or singh. I don’t even have words to describe how you’ve wasted your time posting such nonsense.

As with anything there is always a law of diminishing returns. Initially these things had to be said, in order to bring some reality to these forums. But as I realize more and more I’ll be labeled a Brahmin LOLOL, still can’t get over that one, I do find that the ratio of effort vs impact diminishing. Or if you prefer thrust vs payload efficiency is decreasing as this discussion drags on into the abyss of idiocy. Once again thank you for taking me further into this abyss by your highly intelligent dissertation on who is and isn’t a Sikh. Thank you for once again reaffirming why such a topic is needed. You repulse me. Anyone who agrees with me may I hear a simple “Praise the Lord”.

remeber vaheguru has many names

:wub:

bhula chuka maf

114281[/snapback]

And the name given by the panj piyaara is....???

Waheguru.

114283[/snapback]

eyko Alhu pwrbRhm ]5]34]45]

eaeko alahu paarabreham ||5||34||45||

The Muslim God Allah and the Hindu God Paarbrahm are one and the same. ||5||34||45||

Alh rwm ky ipMfu prwn ]4]

aleh raam kae pi(n)dd paraan ||4||

My body and breath of life belong to Allah - to Raam - the God of both. ||4||

sq hqM prm bwdM Avrq eyQh suD ACrxh ]

sath hatha(n) param baadha(n) avarath eaethheh sudhh ashharaneh ||

You are dead to the Truth, and involved in great disputes. Instead, repeat the holy words:

goibMd dwmodr mwDvy ]62]

gobi(n)dh dhaamodhar maadhhavae ||62||

Gobind, Daamodar, Maadhav.