Castes

after everything guru nanak dev ji didi in his life trying to abolish caste why do some sikhs still go around sayin jat for life and the rest of it they dont care about the religion they just go around being proud from the fact that they have a caste

Sat Sri Akal:

Cultural attachments. Unfortunately, some individuals were not able to get over their family names and attachments.

In actuality, Guru Sahib had abolished his family name after becoming one of the Khalsa. He was a Singh, just as his Sikhs, therefore sacrificing his family name at the feet of the Panj Pyare.

Then answer me this Namstang, why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji remove the name Rai and put SINGH.

114256[/snapback]

Rai is not caste but sodhi is.

Why don't you answer - Why did he acknowledge his caste in bachitar natak - Sri Dasam Granth.??

May be you need ponder upon my post. especial this part:

Beleiving in Caste and thinking one superior is one thing, however acknowledging your blood line is another

So why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji change his name to Singh, and why did he give all the Sikh men and women, Singh and Kaur?

Namstang I am sorry I directed the question to you, I meant no offense. The thing is the caste system is wrong anyway u look at it. The middle and upper class take pride in their caste, You are saying that the caste system is ok for acknowledging your blood lines ..........................so what about the lower caste. You think there will be a kid in school who will say, YAY I Belong to the Garbage picking caste!!!

So that means that kid wont get to acknowledge caste beacuse its low, and you will get to acknowledge your caste, what is the difference between u and that kid, did u do anything special to belong to your caste, no, u were just born.

From their birth they are put in low ranks, they are judged in the public by their last name, which they try to hide, and not their character. This is why I think the caste system is wrong. Sikhism has been against the caste system from the begenning, people were made to sit on the floor together and eat. And then Guru Gobind Singh Ji made us even more equal by giving us men title of Singh, and women Kaur.

Fateh

VGJKK VGJKF!!!

1STLY ID LIKE TO SAY THAT ONCE U BECOME AMRIT DHARI URE GOUTH SHOULD BE TAKEN FROM URE NAME (DNT GET ME WRONG I DNT MEAN TO SAY THAT ONLY AMRIT DHARIS SHOULD NOT BELIEVE IN THE CASTE SYSTEM, ALL SIKHS SHOULD NOT BELIEVE IN CAST SYSTEM)

2NDLY PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN CASTE ARE IDIOTS BECAUSE THE IDEA THAT SOME1 IS BORN SUPERIOR OR INFERIOR TO ANOTHER IS RIDICULOUSLY ABSURD!!

3RDLY THIS IS THE REASON THERE ARE 4 ENTRANCES TO HARIMANDIR SAHIB...ALL ARE WELCOME INTO SIKHI