Think Only Indian Sikhs Are Opposing Women's Sewa?

ms514

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji did indeed say that women should not be a part of the Panj Pyare.  However, he never made any comments against women doing sewa, be it Palki Di Sewa or Kirtan.

Either way, Panthic Rehat Maryada has already stipulated that women can be a part of the Panj Pyare.

117829[/snapback]

what's SGPC panthic rehat maryada without all the sampardava's and jatha's approval?? Nada :wub:

117841[/snapback]

SGPC Rehat isn't called Panth Pravanit for nothing. Where were these Jathay and Sampardavan when the Akalis were taking back the Gurdwaras for the Panth? Don't confuse the SGPC as it is now with the SGPC when the Panth Pranvit Rehat Maryada was formulated. The new fangled Sant Samajes have only got a following due to weakness in SGPC.

DDT only owes its popularity due to the Shaheedi of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, before that only a small minority knew about DDT or even supported it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Khalsa ji, i asked my mom abt this and she said that the Taksaali Ppl actually have a good reason for it...unfortunately, i dont have the guts to tell anyone on this forum what the reason is.  blush.gif

117881[/snapback]

is it related to the so called "impurity" of the women?

117920[/snapback]

yeh heard a reason about, ' time of the month' excuse....

117921[/snapback]

yeah...thats what it is..the time of the month...i just dont understand though. if we girls are allowed to pray at that time of month, then why cant we do sewa. i dont want our Sikhi to be like other religions which treat women as if they are worth less than the men. and think about it: when a woman is pregnant, i think she's supposed to do more Paat(h) and sewa...so does that mean we cant do sewa at that time either???? no.gif

we cant ignore SGPC no matter what cos thats what keeps all sikhs one,

abt sewa, havent had chance to read but if its only kirtan and palki sewa then its not the ned of the world, no offence, cos no one said u cant do kirtan, just not infront of the sangat at Gurdwara. u can still do other sewa right?

If there is a sucham issue, then ok i dont want to but i will go into detail.

When u go to the bathroom, u have to have to wash b4 doing swea, right?

so if ur on that time then ur actually doing all that but without washing, hope everyone gets me. it does nt make u inferior, lets make that very very clear.

But unless u can ensure that part of u is clean then u must be unclean at that time right? in which case if they are against this sewa maybe i can understand, but if thats the reason then cant they make it clear and let em do kirtan when we are ok? grin.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

abt sewa, havent had chance to read but if its only kirtan and palki sewa then its not the ned of the world, no offence, cos no one said u cant do kirtan, just not infront of the sangat at Gurdwara. u can still do other sewa right?

so if ur on that time then ur actually doing all that but without washing, hope everyone gets me. it does nt make u inferior, lets make that very very clear.

But unless u can ensure that part of u is clean then u must be unclean at that time right? in which case if they are against this sewa maybe i can understand, but if thats the reason then cant they make it clear and let em do kirtan when we are ok? grin.gif

118960[/snapback]

im really, really sorry...but i didnt exactly understand what you stated in your post. im slow at understanding things. (especially written things) :wub:: blush.gif please and thank-you ji.

these damn old farts think they run everything adn can make the 'right' decisions for the panth .. well im sorry for my language but these guys need the beating of their life .. not only this issue about women doing seva but like every year .. a new 'controversial' issue arises .. they twisting bani and making it so as it pleases them .. whenever there are decisions you NEVER see a bibi there except that messed up jagir lady .. i wouldnt even call her a kaur as i heard some stuff she had done .. but anyway .. i wouldnt be surprised to see groups in the west expecially (or even ones that are already made) of bibian protesting in india about this .. something has to be done .... and that smething cant be ONLY from the men .. bibian have to step up ..

yeah...thats what it is..the time of the month...i just dont understand though. if we girls are allowed to pray at that time of month, then why cant we do sewa. i dont want our Sikhi to be like other religions which treat women as if they are worth less than the men. and think about it: when a woman is pregnant, i think she's supposed to do more Paat(h) and sewa...so does that mean we cant do sewa at that time either???? no.gif

there must be a way of finding out what the women were doing at the time of the gurus...were they doing sewa when they were having their periods

and i think that when a woman is pregnant, she should be careful as to what sewa she is trying to do to not hurt her baby as the benefit to her doing sewa weighs less than the disadvantage of hurting her child in some way

and if women are equal to men and vice versa ...what does this actually mean

does this mean that they should wear the same type of clothes, do the same jobs,

imagine a man wearing a sari or a dupatta, or staying home with the children and cooking while the wife goes out and slogs the whole day to bring back the moula!!!

then one step further would be having mixed sangats at the gurudwara

i'll say one thing...once men start having children and having periods, and women start growing beards , then truly they are equal

yes for sure, it is Vaheguru who created us all, but he made as different for a reason

he made us so that we could live together in traquillity and with mercy and love

think about this for a sec...in every efficient company, workplace, factory, even in the cells in our own body, there is something called division of labor, which is a key factor to the success of the industrial revolution, along with all its harmful results as well

similarly, in group projects, there is division of labor, not everyone is doing the same task

those with the right skills for task 1 will not spend their efforts on trying to do task 2 for which they have no skills,

and these skills can be acquired naturally by the grace of God, or by sometimes working hard at something, practice makes perfect right

similarly, having a family is a team work, where each member is different and arising to these differences, there should be some type of harmony in the way different tasks and duties are carried out and by whom

in a company, there is a hierarchy, in the army there is a hierarchy, in the government there is a hierarchy, and even in the family there is a hierarchy

the kids do not have the same responsibilities as the mother nor the same rights

and neither should the man or the woman have the exact same duties and rights as each other,

and in fact, in this modern world that we live in, and folks i have spoken to many women, not girls or young teenagers or even those in their 20's , but women who have had the experience and know what its like to be a wife, a mother to many children, take care of the husband, the children, the inlaws, the cooking, the cleaning, the organising, and have a job at the same time

it is humanly impossible to do all these things for any reasonable sustained amount of time before going bonkers, or braking down, or having the family brake up

and socieites are made up of families, which are made up of individuals

strong and helpful and good individuals who know their role and place in society make strong and healthy families which makes strong and healthy communities which makes strong and healthy societies which makes strong and healthy nations which makes a strong and healthy humanity

anywayssssssss...sorry for all the rambling, just felt i need to get that off my chest

118960[/snapback]

im really, really sorry...but i didnt exactly understand what you stated in your post. im slow at understanding things. (especially written things) :wub:: blush.gif please and thank-you ji.

119191[/snapback]

hey soz I type fast and dont check what i type so really it is al BS, but here goes a quick summary:

when a person goes to the toilet they clean themselves right?

lets say a guy just didnt clean them self, then they would have some dirt from that part of the body on their kachera, right?

now if u did sewa like that, thats wrong cos its dirty, big time ganda, right?

well according to sucham and what u hear from religious guys, ur supposed to wash properly b4 doing sewa for Guru JI.

So if ur on ur period, then its like being dirty.

Now dont get me wrong abt female inequality and impurity but at that time is it not the equivalent of having urine on urself, after all it is all dirt, right?

In some religions a woman is not allowed to pray at that time but in Sikhi u sing God's praise everywhere, even when ur in the bathroom so no reason why u cant pray at that time of the month.

But are u not unclean if u've got a period, therefore u shouldnt do sewa of Guru JI??

Please dont anyone bash me for this, it was only an idea no.gif

OK but what i dont understand is, why cant women do this sewa at other times, ie.when they not on a period???

But on the other hand, I went to the Gurdwara once and tekked matha but did not do parkarma cos I was on, so this guy called me and told me to do parkarma, I made up the excuse that I had not had a bath and so did not want to go close to Guru Ji, but he said that as long as u have come with a pure heart and all that then it dont matter. Hope u go thtat.

I touch the manji Sahib no matter what but Im wandering if that is a good idea now

:wub:

hope that made sense. pray.gifpray.gif