Cant Believe It Still Happens

vjkkvjkf, i recently went down to see my massi's kuri who took amrit same as me, this vaisakhi. she had so much to tell me and after it all i felt down and frustrated at why would a amritdhari be treated like that.

since taking amrit she's involved herself with many things but feels hasn tfound the sangat yet, not jus sangat in gurdwara sahib but outside. at sikhi camp she told m how no one even acknowkedged her or thought she existed and these were amritdharis.. she actually bagan to fell as if theres sumthing wrong wit her when obviously i know there isnt, shes gurus daughter :wub:

In my experience ive found too that most singh singnees talk bout the khalsa brotherhood, love for all etc but very very few live in that humility. they like to hang around with the one who is cool, and i got to say 'khalsa proper bana looking and strong physically, you may say what! but its true and ive seen that, even if we do say it dont matter how you look but its what exists.....thas the sad truth.

many people may not take amrit for these egofied reasons and ive actually found that sum monaa people are more nicer to you even if they dont know you.....

newwyys i'mguna see my cousin more oten now seeing what she and others are probably going through and i myself have faced.

whats ur view on this and why does it happen to the nicest people who took amrit to progress not digress.

forgive ne mistakes

gurfateh ji blush.gif

sorry also forgot to add sumthing else.

it seems like now........ that they say if ur kurehti then the khalsa dont communicate with you,

but here its like ur not no way a kurehti and living ur khalsa life but the khalsa dont wana communicate with you regardless.

sorry to hear she didn't have a good time, I know a few people who went to camps this year and they had a great time and came back saying how fun it was and how nice all the people were especially the sevadars.

I myself don't go but yeah I have heard from a lot of sikhs, whether they are amritdhari or not, that some sikhs can be really 'stuck up'. Most ppl are really friendly and if I go to a sikh event by myself I always get someone who comes and makes conversation and by the end of the day you have a whole bunch of sikhs talking, dont know why this happened to her but maybe you could help her getting to know the sangat a bit more?

But there are def ppl sikhs at my uni who go no where near the Gurdwara or even like talking to amritdharis cos they think the sangat thinks they are 'it'.

Your cousin taking amrit and how some other amritdhari’s associate with her are two separate issues,

She has every right to take the lead and march to her own beat. Ironically when you stop caring what people think about superficial things, but maintain your own respect for their sensitivities, cultural practices, opinions etc … they often gravitate to caring about what you think, but more importantly you become much stronger based on true values.

Of course this is not quite good enough. You don’t simply want to be a leader, but you want to make others leaders. The goal is to be strong and instill confidence in others so there can be mutual respect and support based on real values. Tell your cousin to lead her life as an example always improve herself and at the same time assist others to better themselves.

Remind your cousin that amrit is where Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave strength to others and made it known that he expected them to do the same by bowing before them.

sangat, ne views, advice....comments? looking forward to them grin.gif

117873[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

im glad you started this topic cuz it happened to me as well. it happened last summer in a Gurmat camp. there were 5 Amrit-Dhari girls and then about 5 non-Amrit-Dhari girls in my group. 2 of the non-Amrit-Dhari girls became my friends right away. they still are my friends. :wub: anywhol; the other 3ish non-Amrit-Dhari girls were like 98% white-washed. they had no education at all, so my 2 frineds and i started teaching them in a very humanly manner and they respected us. once my 2 friends and i started talkin about Sikhi, those 3 girls walked away and just started to talk about their normal issues: fashion, boys,etc. so my 2 friends and i didnt really mind cuz not everyone is the same kind of course. but anywho...whenever my friends and i would get near the other Amrit-Dharis, i would always put my head down and put my palms together (the way you would when convey a Fateh) and then i would start to say my Fateh and they wouldnt even look at me! :wub: and they wouldnt let me do Keertan..they would let the non-Amrit-Dharis do it instead cuz they hung around with them instead...then i was like "whats going on here?"...they meade me think that i wasnt there. so i told my mom and she said that she noticed that too...and thats why she didnt let me go to Gurmat camp this summer. all cuz of those girls! :wub: i know how your coz feels. i told one of the Panj Pyaarey and he said that i should forget about them and just hang with the ones who care about me and Guru ji. i know what your coz is goin through...but just tell her that it doesnt matter what the other Ppl say and tell her that she should just stay with Ppl who care.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHLASA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Its really shoking that things like this happen. I mean i aint Amrit-dari but i think i prefer to hang around with amrit-dari ppl because i wanna know more about Sikhi and i know ill be hanging around with the right ppl. I think amrit-dari ppl are much more cooler- not that i know ne personally, its just that non-amritdaris (inc me) are misled alot more n sometimes i dont feel the point of living if im not gonna take Amrit. Being a Sikh is cool but being Amrit-dari i think is way cooler n its much harder to tottaly become a Amritdari n i really do think Amrit-Daris should be proud of themselfs n i think theyve got summet to celebrate that there living a true life.(especially girls coz it must be harder for them-because in this day n age looks are important to western society)

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

well if some of us think that some amritdharis have an ''attitude prob'' then should we not work on that, i mean we say that the youth does not attend the Gurdwara etc etc but it is a little worrying if some of the youth is not attending because of the youth! I think ppl can cope with annoying auntjis at the Gurdwara harrassing u abt all sorts but when u got the youth that is cause for concern or am I babbling unnecessarily.

Cant the sevadars talk abt hankar or something in whatever get together there is next.

And what is the point in talking abt boys...fashion....etc in Gurmat camp :wub:

I may be wrong but in my opinion amritdharris can have the maddest hankar because they think they are there when in reality just being amritdhari doesnt mean ur there rolleyes.gif (i'm amritdhari btw so I'm not dissing outsiders) but to all those on this forum who have an attitude prob and are amritdhari or know friends who are, mate please sort it out, it gives amritdharis such a not-so-nice image.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh