colours

Mkhalsa

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we should only wear traditional sikh colors which all the gursikhs from the old time wore. I persoanlly won't wear those colors. well I used to... I mean I have tied a red pugg before.... its not really red.. its maroon... I still have it but I just never tied it now..

I m not too sure about if its ok to tie those colors.. the maroon pugg is just sitting in my closet. so I might as well just let it sit there. I don't know I don't really have a opinion on this one.... I don't think its that big of a deal if once in a while someone does wear those colors. I think its naam simran which gona get u go waheguroo not the colors.

but as mkhalsa gave reference to the rehitnamas.. they are right too.

so in the end I m confused ohmy.gif

this sounds like brahmin bhaat to me...its jus cloth that covers ur body doesnt make u a better gursikh if one wearz green

..yes i know that der r certain colours khalsa gursikhs wear but shouldnt we concentrate on getting our inner self right first?

why follow such superstition..by wearing such colours we shall not get any more higher in our jeevan stop this nonsense talk

this hindu dude once told my mum to keep away from the colour red n i thought hinduz were bad with rituals n stuff...

wear wateva colour pleases u dnt go round telling anyone else wat they shud n shuld not wear.

true is the food, and true are the clothes of those who chant the true naam of the true one.

but i think colours hav effect oon ur body. is nt ?

the way u feel whilst wearin particular colours, and the way ppl react 2 u wen u wear them.

for instance colours like red are very vibrant and make a person feel outgoing, and warm colours like oranges and yellows make a person feel kind, happy, ..the usual

so i do think colours do hav an effect on a person.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Is it not surprising to see how much singhs and singhniea wear red and green? It is forbidden in the sikh dharm to wear red or green. For those who might not know yet, a sikh cannot wear red because thats the hindus colour, and we cant wear green because that is islams colour. The four colours of sikhi are black, blue, saffron, and white. Other colours should be avoided and one should try to wear only the khalsa, colours, but red are green are strictly forbidden.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguru je ka khalsa, Waheguru je ke fateh!

This has to be the most Absurd thing i have ever heard. I can't believe that we are falling into such superstitions. If you think hindus wear red. then next time your sister or cousin get married, don't let her wear a red dress when she gets married and don't let her sit in front of our GURU because its forbidden. If you don't like red then don't wear it. Why are you trying to throw your personal views around with that the GURUS said this?? Show me where it is forbidden for a Sikh to wear RED. If you think just because hindus wear RED so we should not wear them. then Take out the Bani from the SGGS of Naamdave, and other Hindu Bhagats. They are hindu, they wore RED. Which is forbidden in our REligion right???

='http://forums.waheguroo.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='rolleyes.gif'>

WAKE UP JI, IT is only a COLOR, He exists in every shape, color and even a hindu. We are getting driven away from sikhi, not towards it by this Rubbish thinking.

Waheguru.

Guest mehtab
If you think just because hindus wear RED so we should not wear them. then Take out the Bani from the SGGS of Naamdave, and other Hindu Bhagats. They are hindu, they wore RED. Which is forbidden in our REligion right???
u have a point!!!!!

as far as i have read

black = no egoism

saffron/orange = martyrdom (plzz clarify if its saffron or orange...coz kesri means saffron, i think)

white = peace

blue = sacrifice

plzz correct me if i m wrong

sum1 needs to post some rehatnamas.......its nt good 2 call the rehat brahminical......i have heard references 2 colour bt cant remember where.....

i dont have any red clothes. and i havent really got any green clothes......mayb1 r 2 that ive forgotten about........reds a stoopid colour anyway :umm:

i dnt really like wearing a white keski or phug cuz it just feels a bit naamdhari lol

my keski is pretty much always blue (orange when i run out of clean 1s) cuz it is specifically stated the keski must be blue....