colours

Mkhalsa

oh and just a general point......if there is a point of contention over the rehat.....the **Stoopidest** thing u can do is insult it or call it silly.....because if it turns out it was valid or authentic.......then its gonna be REALLY bad karma considering that rehat is more important than a sikh to guruji.......

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think just because hindus wear RED so we should not wear them. then Take out the Bani from the SGGS of Naamdave, and other Hindu Bhagats. They are hindu, they wore RED. Which is forbidden in our REligion right???
u have a point!!!!!

as far as i have read

black = no egoism

saffron/orange = martyrdom (plzz clarify if its saffron or orange...coz kesri means saffron, i think)

white = peace

blue = sacrifice

plzz correct me if i m wrong

you have a point veer ji, that yes certain color give off certain messages. REd is blood, it is also danger, but it is also the Suhaggan's wedding dress which it also points that is what she has been waiting for all of her life, to wear that dress which glow of its redness. It is her hapiness.

Now in Western for a wedding it is White, but in India White is the color of death/Widowed person, and in the west black is used for death. So which will you go with with who is right and who is wrong???

Color are only significant to the one who perceives them as such.

To say it is Forbidden because of HIndus is com

plete NONSENSE.

rolleyes.gif someones being a bit of a spaz. didnt u read what i said:

"oh and just a general point......if there is a point of contention over the rehat.....the **Stoopidest** thing u can do is insult it or call it silly.....because if it turns out it was valid or authentic.......then its gonna be REALLY bad karma considering that rehat is more important than a sikh to guruji....... "

if you dont agree with it, its REALLY not clever to slander it and say its nonsense.........its for ur own benefit! be logical if u want....bt dnt diss it.....

rolleyes.gif someones being a bit of a spaz. didnt u read what i said:

"oh and just a general point......if there is a point of contention over the rehat.....the **Stoopidest** thing u can do is insult it or call it silly.....because if it turns out it was valid or authentic.......then its gonna be REALLY bad karma considering that rehat is more important than a sikh to guruji....... "

if you dont agree with it, its REALLY not clever to slander it and say its nonsense.........its for ur own benefit! be logical if u want....bt dnt diss it.....

no i read what you said ji,

But obviously you did not read what my point was. You spoke your opinion i will speak mine.

I am being logical

If you think just because hindus wear RED so we should not wear them. then Take out the Bani from the SGGS of Naamdave, and other Hindu Bhagats. They are hindu, they wore RED. Which is forbidden in our REligion right???
if this is n

ot logical then what is. My whole point was that Red is bad because simply hindus wear it, Which is NONSENSE. Telling all Sikhs to not like RED???? how silly does that sound???

IT can be bad because it effects our mind in such manner as studies today have shown that color of a room effect a new born...the different colors bring different attitudes to the mind. For example....light or dim blue light makes people sleep with more ease, but it does not effect every single individual the same way.

Page 160

All forms and colors come from the One Lord.

Page 223

He is contained in all forms, colors and minds.

Page 287

Through and through, He pervades in form and color.

Page 355

You are in all colors and forms; he alone is forgiven, upon whom You bestow Your Glance of Grace. ||1||Pause||

Now who are you to tell me what color not to wear????? If all color are his, then i will wear all colors, I will be colored from head to t

oe because they all created by my beloved Waheguru. He inspires me to love his creation, including all colors which is him.

"Sargun ve oh-he, Nargun ve oh-he"

It starts from Color what makes you think it will stop there, it will spread that we should not step in a mandir because hindus go there. Or the kind of food we eat because hindus eat it.

Find the rehat where it says to not wear red, if that is so. Then i will need to know why that is so. if it has a Effect on the mind as some colors do the mind, then I can understand it. But if it simply because Hindus wear it. Then i cannot accept it.

I think you are digging too far into my posts, that i am going against the Rehat. I am going agaisnt that which creates differences or dislikes between those same hindus for whom our 9th Guru Sacrifised his head for.

Waheguru.

Now who are you to tell me what color not to wear????? If all color are his, then i will wear all colors, I will be colored from head to toe because they all created by my beloved Waheguru. He inspires me to love his creation, including all colors which is him.
theres a quote on the lines of the lord made nectar and poison in equal amounts. he gives us as much as he pleases.

god made everything. does that mean everything is good? would u knowingly take the poison?

It starts from Color what makes you think it will stop there, it will spread that we should not step in a mandir because hindus go there. Or the kind of food we eat because hindus eat it.

no, we dont wear red or green because a) the two colours create and unfavourable mental balance (ever noticed why hospitals are always light colour eg light blue - they relax u whilst most food is a shade of red because it appetises you......

and B) because khalsa uniform is made up of certain colours and red and green are NOT in it. why wear a kara? you can go

on as much as you like about how it chains ur hand to god or reminds you to be good, or whatever, but the bottom line is YOU WEAR A KARA because guru said so and it is part of the khalsa uniform.......in the same way, blue, white, orange, black are khalsa uniform colours. u dont walk into school busting jeans and a hooded top when everyone else wears a suit...do u?

Find the rehat where it says to not wear red, if that is so. Then i will need to know why that is so. if it has a Effect on the mind as some colors do the mind, then I can understand it. But if it simply because Hindus wear it. Then i cannot accept it.

if guruji said dont wear it cuz hindus wear it, wud u not accept gurujis hukam? the difference between me and u is that once im sure guruji said it, i have blind faith in it. if i have doubts guru ji said it, then i research it. call me stoopid, but guruji knows better than me......who am i to try n question him?

heres a nice quote from the taksali rehat:

The Four Colours of the Khalsa:

Blue, Black, White and Saffron

These four colours are to be worn. Other colours excite the mind and lure it to vices, and are therefore prohibited. Amritdhari Singhs/Singhni's are specifically not to wear red or green at anytime. One is to dress humbly, any simple colours can be worn. Amritdhari women are not to wear ear rings, nose-rings, rings, bangles, nail polish, lipstick, bindi, henna, keeping long nails, wearing a saree etc. Piercing of any kind is prohibited.

there is not a single gurmukh i have seen who has disagreed with this rehat. pretty much all akj, taksal, nihung, whatever, NONE wear red or green. they all wear predominantly black, white, orange or blue.

I think you are digging too far into my posts, that i am going against the Rehat. I am going agaisnt that which creates differences or dislikes between those same hindus for whom our 9th Guru Sacrifised his head for.

9th guru sacrificed his head for religious freedom. i dont wear green or red because the guru told me not to.

Waheguru.

waheguru waheguru

theres a quote on the lines of the lord made nectar and poison in equal amounts. he gives us as much as he pleases.

god made everything. does that mean everything is good? would u knowingly take the poison?

That is only valid as long as you are seeing a difference between you and god. As long as there is still this gap between u and god. So u have to be carefull of what is right and what is not. When that gap (ego) breaks.....all which exists become his, then the devotee has surrendered himself to the will of god. If he choose to give him poisen, the devotee will accept. If he brings him crucifiction he will gladly accept with open arms, knowingly he will enter the city. If he asks for his head, he goes knowingly that he shall not return.
no, we dont wear red or green because a) the two colours create and unfavourable mental balance (ever noticed why hospitals are always light colour eg light blue - they relax u whilst most food is a shade of red because it appetises you......

and B) because khalsa uniform is made up of certain colours and red and green are NOT in it. why

wear a kara? you can go on as much as you like about how it chains ur hand to god or reminds you to be good, or whatever, but the bottom line is YOU WEAR A KARA because guru said so and it is part of the khalsa uniform.......in the same way, blue, white, orange, black are khalsa uniform colours. u dont walk into school busting jeans and a hooded top when everyone else wears a suit...do u?

A is a valid and logical Answer. B.simply because it was not added to the Khalsas attire, nothing more in it. Fair enough. wubb.gif

Jogies do all kind of piercing to their body, I don't think they are wrong for doing it. It is their method, it is their practicing. There are many types of devotees of waheguru. One is not more right than the other. if Hindus wear red, then they must have a certain type of approach behind their faith so they choose to wear red. It becomes a question of Perception. Everyone perceives differently according to their mindset.

if guruji said dont wear it cuz hindus wear it, wud u not accept gurujis hukam? the difference between me and u is that once im sure guruji said it, i have blind faith in it. if i have doubts guru ji said it, then i research it. call me stoopid, but guruji knows better than me......who am i to try n question him?
Well i knew if guru ji did say it. They must had a Valid Reason, but why is that so. I can accept explanatin that colors can produce an im-balance in your mind. If that is the reason so it is not because hindus wear it. So if it creates an imblance in a

Sikhs mind would it not create an imbalance in Hindus mind? So neither are wrong in this case because hindus who are wearing red are also being enlightened and Sikhs who are not wearing red are also achieving salvation.

I do not hate Red, I personally don't like it because it is not prefered by me. I have shirts that are red, but very few. The uniform of the Khalsa was created with certain colors because those colors were liked by our guru. Some color were not added because they were not prefered by our guru, not because hindus were dis-liked so red was not liked. That is all i am trying to say. That is what i perceived from the first post, that Red is bad because hindus wore it. They were not added to create a different style of uniform for Khalsa.

waheguru waheguru

Satnaam Waheguru Waheguru.

Guest mehtab

hadd ho gayee...rangaan pichhay enni ladaai ?

mai tuhadde mohalley diyaan dukanaan ch laal te hara kapda hi ban kara dena hunn

chalo apne apne tehsildaar da email te fone # deyo

panga hi khatam

This should be self explanitory

Page 384

That red dress looks so beautiful on your body. Your Husband Lord is pleased, and His heart is enticed. ||1|| Whose handiwork is this red beauty of yours? Whose love has rendered the poppy so red? ||1||Pause|| You are so beautiful; you are the happy soul-bride. Your Beloved is in your home; good fortune is in your home. ||2|| You are pure and chaste, you are most distinguished. You are pleasing to Your Beloved, and you have sublime understanding. ||3|| I am pleasing to my Beloved, and so I am imbued with the deep red color. Says Nanak, I have been totally blessed with the Lord`s Glance of Grace. ||4|| Listen, O companions: this is my only work; God Himself is the One who embellishes and adorns. ||1||Second Pause||1||52||

Page 785

Shalok, Third Mehl:

In her red robes, the discarded bride goes out, seeking enjoyment with another`s husband. She leaves the husband of her own home, enticed by her love of duality.   She finds it sweet, and eats it up; her excessive sensuality only makes her disease worse.   She f

orsakes the Lord, her sublime Husband, and then later, she suffers the pain of separation from Him.   But she who becomes Gurmukh, turns away from corruption and adorns herself, attuned to the Love of the Lord. She enjoys her celestial Husband Lord, and enshrines the Lord`s Name within her heart. She is humble and obedient; she is His virtuous bride forever; the Creator unites her with Himself. O Nanak, she who has obtained the True Lord as her husband, is a happy soul-bride forever. ||1||

Third Mehl:

O meek, red-robed bride, keep your Husband Lord always in your thoughts.   O Nanak, your life shall be embellished, and your generations shall be saved along with you. ||2||

Page 66

The Gurmukh is like God`s tree, always green, blessed with the Sublime Love of the True One, with intuitive peace and poise.

Waheguru Waheguru ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Everyone here is asking for a quote from the reight maryada, AND khalsa soulja gave it to you. If you look in the maryada that has been here since guru gobind singh jes time, the taksali maryada, sayd red and green is forbidden. Whoever is still going to argue against the maryada of the khalsa, then there is no point in discussing this with you. If we give you actual evidence from the reight maryada, and you still reject it, there is just no point in arguing with you. So, if you dont believe us, look at the reight maryada, or look at the post by khalsa soulja, and you will see that red and green are strictly forbidden. So there, you have see what the maryada has to say? You gonna argue against the maryada to? And why do we need a reason why guru sahib said dont wear this colour? Is not his hukam good enough for you? A sikh accepts all of the gurus hukams without doubt and question. Did the panj pyaras in 1699 say why do you need our heads? NO. They gave their heads willingly without question. The basic thing I am trying to say, you have proof from the reight maryada from guru gobind singh jes time, if you gonna argue against it, then you will have to answer to akal purkh and guru sahib himself.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!