My Jeevan From Manmukh To Still Learning Gurmukh

Its funny how parents say to girls not to take Amrit because an Amritdhari match may not be found for you and its best that you wait until you are married..

118656[/snapback]

not just parents.......relatives too....haha i remember my rishteydaars saying "u wont be able to get married" LOL.gif "u can't find a good job" etc etc. LOL.gifblush.gif best thing was that my parents had no objections but the relatives had heaps of concerns like those stated above. LOL.gif o well......if one is ready for amrit, just go for it. :wub: it's all good :wub: .

118662[/snapback]

ah smae here

the quote that hit me was wen my rents seed "its easy 2 take amrit but not 2 keep it"

so since then ive been keeping my rehit... w/o the kirpan. hopefully ill show my parents wot im made off and theyll let me take amrit. if not.. ermm me gna secretly do it :e:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

e.bmpthis photo of me just 2 weeks before taking amrit, ive changed alot more now and believe am in increasing chardi klaa day by day, VaHegurU hope it stays that way till i breadth my last breadth, i m too lazy to write my full life story, hope what ive shared so far is inspiring :wub: :wub:

vahegru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh

AWWW penji so sweet of you to say but its not me thas ....., its guru ji s saroop as you say thas amazing, without this saroop i can never ever look like this let alone be blessed with such comments by such gursikhs like yourselves. blush.gif

i cant imagine life without my distaar, doyou feel l ike this....when i have suddenly sumtimes missed my amrti vela, these days guruskirpa has helped this lazy manmukh to getouta bed, its like i think my brain is missing!..i know its weird but i be like unable to do anything until ive atleast done some paath however late for me to funcction :wub: _oh_OLD: <<this is how i feel when ive missed amrit vela...LOL.

AWWW penji so sweet of you to say but its not me thas ....., its guru ji s saroop as you say thas amazing, without this saroop i can never ever look  like this let alone be blessed with such comments by such gursikhs like yourselves. blush.gif

i cant imagine life without my distaar, doyou feel l ike this....when i have suddenly sumtimes missed my amrti vela, these days guruskirpa has helped this lazy manmukh to getouta bed, its like i think my brain is missing!..i know its weird but i be like unable to do anything until ive atleast done some paath however late for me to funcction :wub: _oh_OLD: <<this is how i feel when ive missed amrit vela...LOL.

118871[/snapback]

saem!!! its lyk amritvela has becum a parrt of ME. its lyk i belong 2 amrtivela now.. i min i cant seem 2 get the same experience.. the sun rising behind me wid open window.. (dats coz i face my pillow wen i do ma nitnem n the pillow is opposite of window).. and the cold breeze.. all silent.. just me n god. we seem 2 be homies at that time. i miss amritvela now.. cant w8 4 tmo LOL blush.gif

Its funny how parents say to girls not to take Amrit because an Amritdhari match may not be found for you and its best that you wait until you are married..

My parents initially said the same thing to me as well...but were really encouraging in the end…

118656[/snapback]

lol....Penji, I was on the same boat. My rents didnt accept the fact that I want to take Amrit @ a young age, (Rents wre fine with my bro's) mum then told my masi about how I kept my Rehit (Which my parents didn't object with) N u no what ? My masi's daughters even tried to break my Rehit by telling me to eat meat and stuff etc...but with Guru Ji's kirpa I managed 2 keep my Rehit still going.

But yeh it's quite funny how rentz advice the girls to take Amrit after your married...weird that ! grin.gif

i think penji its becoz they are still stuckwith the olden day thoughts that my girl needs to be the 'perfect glamorous bride' she needs to be done up like a doll for her wedding day and if shes amritdhari well thas all out the window for their dreams. Who said an amritdhari wasn glamorous with her full bana and the face blessed with HIS kirpa......vaheguru