My Jeevan From Manmukh To Still Learning Gurmukh

DHAN GURU NANAK ...

Inspired by the above posts heres my story :-

At a young age I was given Choola by panj singh when my parents took amrit after 1984. I remember having a normal childhood until I got to the age of 16 I was introduced to Alcohol at our school prom. We all got mashed out of our faces and this started a very slippery slope.

I left school passing all my exams with good grades, started college where I became involved with some really bad sangat. We used to take cannabis everyday and drink alcohol, go clubbing etc… Anyway this went on for two years at which point I lied to my parents that I had passed my college diplomas and was to join University.

I had a false certificate made and was enrolled in University. At uni I never went to lectures I Cut my kesh and would walk around like a gangster If anyone would even look at me wrong I would smash a bottle in there face or beat them up. I used to have many people who looked up to me for all the worn g reasons, as we all used to take cannabis daily I decided to become a dealer (Ironically my uncle was the main supplier and I know start making some serious money) So know I was dealing drugs, drinking, using extreme violence, thieving, and I had also started to take Crack cocaine.

I failed my first year at uni and transferred to another one which was in another City. This only made things worse as know I was away from home so know I was totally out of control I was still dealing drugs , had all the “Bling Bling” and the gangster car.

It was at this point in my life, what some people might call the highlife that I woke up one morning and thought to my self who are you? Why are you here? What religion are you? Well I wore a Kara but I could only name five of the ten Gurus’. There was a Gurudwara literally two minutes walk from where I was staying I decided to make sure I go every day for rehraas paat. I kept this up even if I knew I was gunna go clubbing.

Slowly my love for Guru ji started to grow, I would still do all the things I was doing but know I would feel bad and I would think about how much of a bad person I was for hours. Then one night we went to a club, we got into a big fight there was 8 of us and about 12 of the other people. That day me and my friends went mad we stabbed these people smashed bottles in there faces, they where in intensive care for a long time. This made me think I need to change my sangat and I started have a real fight with my mind, which was telling me to walk the Guru’s path.

The next week we went clubbing and everyone was typically drunk and drugged up me included. I was standing in the middle of the dance floor and something clicked in my head, my “buzz” went and I looked around me and I realised I was in HELL I was in the womb of Kaljug. I left the gig and decided in my mind I will take amrit at the next possible opportunity. With Guru ji’s kirpa there was an amrit sanchar that weekend just three days after the gig. I went to the rehansbhai I never told my parents or my friends I went and was blessed with Amrit. I have been lucky where I live the Singh’s and Singhnia have a solid amritvela and nearly all the Singh’s have done Panj Singh Dee seva.

I LOVE MY LORD THAT SAVED ME FROM THE WRETCHED LIFE I HAD AND GAVE ME RE-BIRTH AS GURSIKH VAHEGUUURRUU!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic