My Jeevan From Manmukh To Still Learning Gurmukh

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa...Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

i thought the whole transformation thing was a good idea...so here iz me amandeep kaur khalsa before taking amrit, seriously in need of sikhi and now at my sikh society launch at uni....and me as a l'il singhni when my kes was still in tact...

I always said i'd never be amritdhari maybe when i'm like 80 yrs old or so, lol, but i guess you never know with maharaj ji, only he knows, vaheguroo...

hope that sangat visiting the site can take something from these photos as much as I need to keep reminding myself not to fall from this path...cause its the only path to gaining the peace i'd been searching always...the sikhi bana and bani ...anmolak heera (precious, priceless gem)

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa...Vaheguru ji ki fateh ji!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same story for me, when I was little i "practiced" my religion because my parents never let me cut my hair LOL.gif , once i tried to cut it. When I was young I also thought that our religion was just all about saving your hair lol, probably cause of growing up around typical punjabis. Then when I was nearing highschool graduation I started reading Sikh history books, and here I am. I am surprised how many Sikh youth have the same exact story.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khasa!!

Waheguru JI Ke Fateh!!

Same story for me, when I was little i "practiced" my religion because my parents never let me cut my hair  LOL.gif , once i tried to cut it. When I was young I also thought that our religion was just all about saving your hair lol, probably cause of growing up around typical punjabis. Then when I was nearing highschool graduation I started reading Sikh history books, and here I am. I am surprised how many Sikh youth have the same exact story.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khasa!!

Waheguru JI Ke Fateh!!

118604[/snapback]

veera! same here! i was forced 2 keep hiar, i min i had a earlyy darhi.. n i wanted 2 trim it (lyk all my "mates" tld me to, they were lyk WOW u can shape dat beard soo baddly it would look sik!!! etc etc).

i thought sikhism was abt boring old people who had nuting better 2 do no.gif well dats the impression i got from the elders.. coz seriously dats wot they do! :wub: they sit there in langar hall talkin abt stuff n u would hear the hum of the ongoing akhand paath. not surpisingly the diwaan hall would be empty..

But i must admit since i came onot sites lyk this 1.. xmas last yr den i changed. i started reading abt the warriors of sikhi. n now.. im asking 4 amrit! dad saying im going oTT.. but dint he want me 2 do dat?? wacko.gif hye ses w8 til marriage, u never no.. im lyk NO im not gna sleep around :wub: :wub: anyways hopefully ill be able to give my head.. pray.gif WAHEGURU (<<ent dat emoticon saying dat :wub: )

Its funny how parents say to girls not to take Amrit because an Amritdhari match may not be found for you and its best that you wait until you are married..

118656[/snapback]

not just parents.......relatives too....haha i remember my rishteydaars saying "u wont be able to get married" LOL.gif "u can't find a good job" etc etc. LOL.gifblush.gif best thing was that my parents had no objections but the relatives had heaps of concerns like those stated above. LOL.gif o well......if one is ready for amrit, just go for it. :wub: it's all good :wub: .