Mother And Laava (marriage Ceremony)

Akali

GuruFateh!

I have heard from certain elders that a Mother can not see her son's Laava take place in the Anand Karaj. I have also been at weddings where this practice has occured. I would like to know people's view on this. Personally, I find it wrong. The Laava are a very religous ceremony so why can't the mother see something that special?

However, if I am wrong, please forgive me and state quotes from the Guru Granth Sahib.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

As far as I understood it, it used to be a Punjabi cultural thing back in the Pinds, where the mother and all other girls would stay behind from the grooms side, and then welcome the bride back with the "Janaet" in the evening. Back in the day, only the guys used to go in the Janaet.

Some people interpreted this tradition to be a superstitious ritual forbidding the guy's mother seeing the wedding. There is nothing in Gurmat to stop the guy's mother seeing the wedding ... only Punjabi tradition.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

lol it's perfectly fine for a mother to see her son's lavaan!

gosh!

at this wedding once this mother was curious so she told someone to go and ask Sant Baba Takhur Singh ji if she was allowd to be there and Baba ji was like i have never heard anything so absurd and he asked the mom to stand up and ask for forgiveness in front of Guru ji and the sangat - but she was to embarassed so another lady apologised on her behalf!

lol come you're not going to say it's not ok for someone to sit with Sangat in Guru ji's charan?!??! lol ya but the mom would rather go to the party afterwards full of evils such as alcohol, meat and cigarettes! makes a lot of sense hey! :wub: