Mother And Laava (marriage Ceremony)

Akali

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

yea as NaamRas and Bikranjit Singh hav said!

mother didn't go because she had to do lots of things at home. if she was gone who was to take care of the gusts and make the other arrangements? after all She was the "Lady of the house" init! she was resposible(as even now these days) for making decisons ...unless she had a mother in law to help her out!

for that reason she never went with the janayth, THUS NEVER got to see her son's lavan! simple!

now plz dont say that what if the mother was dead!!! and then who took care of the stuff!!!... LOL.gif if you know the tradition sthen you would know blush.gif

well if u wana ask you can and i'll try to reply.

and about the superstion...>>>my hypothesis:

well it could be that some bibi ji wanted to go with the janneyth...and some older lady from the group prolly said " ma da lavan tey hona channga "shaggan" ni hunda..." jus to kinda scare the bibiji the old lady proly said that and slowly slwoly it (prolly) spred through the whole community! :e:

makes sense

jus like sometimes some moms' scare their children or we scare our lil cousins or sibs with crazy stories or sayins so they wont do what we dont want them to do...

i think its the simler case! kool.gif

wow, i hear something new everyday.

how many mothers have died watching their son's lavaan by the wrath of God? what happened to the loving God isn Sikhi, can you imagine it amother goes in front of God and God is like man how could you have seen your sons lavaan you evil wench! LOL, man backward sikhs are funny...keep the stories coming!

ummmm...it's a traditional punjabi thing.........women wud all stay at home to welcome the return of the baraat..........i agree w/ NamRas and Bikramjeet Singh Bhaaji.....nothing about this is related to sikhi

lol....even tho i was a girl i got to go to all the weddings there evr were (it has jus become a recent fashion for women to go).......so did my mom......but none o the other women did :wub: :wub: