Should You Wash Youre Kashera By Hand

Guest Guest

i usually wash my kacheraay in the shower...but then to make sure...i round up all of them at the end of the week...to put them in the machine ..and let good old Tide do it's job...

i figure...me and my desi saban are no competitoin to the a product that scientists have carefully made and perfected over time...

anyhow...

whats up wit hthe No keskis in the washer rule?/???makes absolultely no sense to me...

is there some rehitnama tha says we can't put kacheraay and keskis in the same load together???

in fact...i just washed my kacherray in the machine downstairs...and my keskis in separate loads (only cuz kachraay are white and keskis are navy blue)...but then i stuck them all together in the dryer...cuz i dind't wanna pay the extra $1.50....to have them in separate loads...

which reminds me..i gotta go downstairs and get them...before someone takes all my kacherray and keskis....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good thing i went down to get my kacherras and keskis from the dryer...

while i was down there folding (cuz mom always said...it's easier to fold fresh laundry out of the dryer than once they've been cooled down) some chinese girl was eyeing my kacherras...it was scary...i honestly think..that if i had turned my back for evven a second she woulda snatched one and made a run for it....but i was tyaar bar tyaar and defended my clean kacherras....

khalsa ji...we must be vigilant and strong and ever ready to put our lives on the line if need be to make sure our kacheraas dont get into the wrong hands...its a serious threat...i bet the GOI told her to steal my kacherras...

i rinse my kacharai after each bath in the morning .. and like jss i gather all my kacharai and machine wash them .. as nothing beats tide ..

ok ok fine .. my mummy ji does it .. :) ..

and about the dastaars in the wash .. there is nothing wrong wit having them in the same wash .. well that would ONLY happen if you have like a navy blue kachara or something .. but i know my mom doesnt even mix them the two in the dryer .. she likes to save money and does all whites at one time and all colour at one time ..

wgkk wgkf

kasheray shud not be mixed with keskis

why?

let me share sumink with you

in experiments its been proved that the way you wash yourself (your body) goes a long way in determining your health

old sikhs never used to use the same saban cake which they use on their body (torso and underneath) for washing their head and face and the saban cake for kasheray was separate as well than the one used on other clothes.

so coming to the experiments todays science has conducted its been found that while taking a bath some people spread their bum (anal) bacteria all over their bodies and its all due to the way they wash themselves

that means some people essentially take the bacteria from their bum and spread it all over their face and it also goes onto their mouth

why?

because they rub their bum and the same sponge/hand goes again to another body part and if that body part is face the bum bacteria goes onto their mouth!!!!!!!

it is common sense that donot mix kasheray with keski as keski is something which goes on the head. and when you do sukhasan and take guru sahib on your head guru sahib comes in touch with your keski

some will say when its washed its cleaned

but NO

traces of your cells and your excerta however minute can be found even after your kasheray have been washed.

so i would not want my keskian coming into touch with kasheray even after being washed as keskian shud be as pavitar as possible as they come in touch with my guru saaab

wgkk wgkf

PS I suppose $1.50 aint a big ammount to ensure that your keski doesnot come in contact with your excreta. Why not dry the keskian in the home. Wont take long does it?

I feel that to wash our crowns with our underpants just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Our kesh deserve a lot of respect. One rehitnama says "Gur-samd adab kes ko daano" meaning give your kesh the same amount of respect you would give the Guru (because these are Guru Sahib's mohar). I wouldn't wash Guru Sahib's rumalla with my kacherras, so the dastaars seem like a bad idea as well. I know that most Singhs I have asked have said to not even let the keskis and kacherra be beside eachother when they are dried. I also know it is a rehit to use separate towels for kesh and the rest of the body.

i still haven't seen the keski/kacheraa rehitnamaa..therefore..this is something to interpretation...if you don't wanna mix...then don't mix...but let's not call it rehit if there's no rehitnamaa to back it up...

i'm interested to know about the two separate towels?..i use two separate towels anyway...but didn;'t think it was a rehit...is there also a rehitnamaa for this?...if not...then why call it rehit...

all of the common sense in the world is not written in rehitnamas!

if you tie a dastaar on your head and you recognize that the dastaar is your crown, your honour, your dignity, a gift from your guru, that is great

now kachhera is also your dignity, your self-respect, and a gift from the guru, and that is great

but the two body parts are different -

one is for bodily function

and the other is for body, spirit, society, mental, and identity

the dastaar has a lot of significance and keeping them in the same wash is like putting your toothbrush with your toilet brush in the washing machine.

it's not about "it's all clean afterwards"

because firstly - that "cleanliness" is not guaranteed

and secondly - respect is undervalued amongst "modern" sikhs

don't be looking for rehitnamas on kacheras, keskis, and washing machines.

there were no washing machines in puratan times.

just use common gurmat sense.